People living in Nassau County can suffer severe injuries from personal injury accidents, such as car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Their injuries can affect their physical health, finances, and quality of life by causing economic and non-economic damages like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Whether you suffered a car accident on Searingtown Rd. & Northern Blvd. or a slip and fall at the Long Island Children’s Museum, Nassau County citizens can suffer harm from the negligence of drivers, property owners, product manufacturers, etc.
Following a personal injury accident, Nassau County victims can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for damages. While they can handle the claims process independently, they will likely not have the legal experience to maximize their ability to recover fair compensation.
Hiring a Nassau County personal injury lawyer can help, as they have previously handled personal injury claims. Nassau County personal injury victims should research, speak to friends and family, and use free consultations to determine the best Nassau County personal injury lawyer for their claims.
How Can a Nassau County Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
Nassau County is an affluent suburban county on Long Island known for its universities, retail and service employment, and affluence. Some places you can live in Nassau County include Garden City, Hempstead, and King’s Point. Citizens of Nassau County can suffer personal injuries that leave them having to deal with damages like medical bills, lost earning potential, and loss of enjoyment of life.
They could file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for damages. The best way to put yourself in a position to recover fair compensatory damages is to hire a personal injury lawyer with experience handling claims in Nassau County. A personal injury attorney with local knowledge and experience can maximize your potential for recovering fair compensatory damages.
The following are some ways a Nassau County personal injury lawyer can help:
- Determine the at-fault party
- Assess if there are multiple at-fault parties
- Calculate the cost of your damages
- Explain and protect your rights
- Draft and send out the demand letter
- Gather evidence to prove your claim
- Speak to eyewitnesses and expert witnesses
- File the necessary paperwork to advance your claim
- Negotiate a fair personal injury settlement
- Represent you in court
Common Personal Injury Accidents in Nassau County
Personal injury accidents are incidents caused by one party’s negligence or recklessness that result in a victim suffering a serious injury. Commonly, people think of reckless drivers causing personal injuries through motor vehicle accidents, but product manufacturers, property owners, and healthcare professionals can also cause personal injury accidents.
The following are some personal injury incidents that can occur in Nassau County:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Train accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse
What Qualities Does a Good Nassau County Personal Injury Lawyer Have?
Nassau County personal injury victims should not just look for a lawyer with some semblance of personal injury claim experience. You need to find the right lawyer that can properly help with your personal injury claim. Finding the best Nassau County personal injury lawyer can require a lot of time and research.
Before going on the journey to find the best lawyer, you need to know what to look for. Every person is going to have different requirements for what they want out of a personal injury lawyer. However, there are certain things a good personal injury lawyer must have to handle your claim properly.
The following are some good qualities for a Nassau County personal injury lawyer to have:
- Many years of experience handling personal injury claims
- Specific experience in the accident you suffered
- Knowledge of Nassau County
- Proven track record of earning results for clients
- Thorough investigator
- Experience handling settlement negotiations and court cases
- The ability to listen and comprehend
- Compassion for clients
- Knowledge of medical issues you suffer from
- Determination to help you recover fair compensation
Researching Nassau County Personal Injury Lawyers
After determining what you are looking for in a personal injury lawyer, it’s time to gather information on many lawyers to figure out the best one for your case. A good place to start is by speaking to friends and family.
You may know someone that suffered a serious injury and needed to file a personal injury claim. You can speak to them about their experience with their Nassau County personal injury lawyer to determine if they could handle your case.
You can also use the internet to research Nassau County personal injury lawyers to find the best fit for your case. Using the internet, you can find information about their education and law background, find out how they approach cases, and consult Google reviews and testimonials to see how clients have found their work in the past.
Take Advantage of Free Consultations to Learn About Personal Injury Lawyers
Once you have a list of Nassau County personal injury lawyers you are considering, you can take advantage of free consultations to speak to them in person. During a free consultation, the personal injury lawyer will want to find out what happened to you, what injuries and damages you suffered, and use the information to determine if you have a case.
You can also use this meeting to learn about the personal injury lawyer. You can ask questions to find out about their experience, what cases they handle, how they communicate with clients, their experience with settlement negotiations and court cases, and how they expect payment.
After collecting all the information you can, you can assess your options and determine the Nassau County personal injury lawyer with the best qualities to help with your claim.
Contact Cellino Law for Help With Your Nassau County Personal Injury Claim
At Cellino Law, our personal injury lawyers have experience helping victims across Nassau County collect compensation for damages caused by car, truck, and bicycle accidents. Our personal injury lawyers will collaborate with you to craft a legal counsel plan you are comfortable with and can put you in the best position to recover fair compensatory damages.
Content checked by the personal injury attorney Ross Cellino. As a family man and a trial attorney, I pride myself on winning cases and serving the community. With over 35 years of experience, I understand the function of a jury, how juries arrive at conclusions, and the role that the jury plays in administering justice. I know how to win cases. You can find us in Manhattan, Buffalo, Melville, Rochester, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens and other locations throughout New York.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Cellino Law and more specifically my attorney, Gregory V. Pajak, Managing Attorney, and as a whole the Cellino Law Firm and its organization. This is by far one of the most professional law firms and attorney I have ever engaged with and retained in my 35 years. The level of professionalism goes beyond words, the care and constant engagement with me as the client was touching. I was never ever just treated as simply a CASE with potentially a significant dollar number attached to my file. I was engaged regularly, Tracey (Ass’t) and Greg always made sure to remain constant, as well as consistent in overseeing that my case was handled properly and that it did matter in many ways - ensuring that the end result(s) would be fair and reasonable to my case/injury. The regular follow-up calls were very satisfying, knowing that you’re involved in your case matters significantly AND always. One of my main items to recognize Cellino Law and Gregory is that whenever I called, I was able to get through to speak directly to my Lawyer and he would answer any if not all of my questions in a very professional and genuinely caring manner. I always felt cared for and protected legally and more importantly, I was made feel as a human being that was being cared for and always keeping me abreast of all matters connected to the case. There was never a point I felt let down, on the contrary -the level of service was “STELLAR”. Greg is the consummate professional, a ‘role model’, if you will, for what other attorneys should strive to become when dealing with their clients.
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!