Industrial accidents can happen to anyone in any workplace. Yet, some businesses have a higher risk of injuries such as construction, transportation, and warehousing. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were 2.7 nonfatal workplace injuries and a total of 4,764 fatal occupational deaths reported throughout the United States in 2020. That sadly equates to a worker dying every 111 minutes from a work-related injury.
The lawyers at Cellino Law look beyond the statistics and examine how the accident has impacted the victim’s life. If you have suffered injuries as a result of an industrial accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
Talk to one of our New York City industrial accident lawyers to learn about your rights and find out what legal options might be available to you. Call us at (800) 555-5555 to book your free case evaluation and find out how we can help you.
What Industries Have High Rates of Accidents in New York City?
Workplace accidents occur on a daily basis and can leave victims with injuries that require time off work. For instance, New York City construction workers often work with heavy materials and equipment at elevated heights.
In 2019, the construction industry had the highest number of fatal workplace accidents in New York City. The majority of accidents resulted from falls, slips, and trips on construction sites.
Industries that report high rates of injuries and illness throughout the country include:
- Construction industry
- Transportation and warehousing industry
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing, and hunting industries
- Education and health services industry
- Manufacturing industry
Industrial Accident Cases We Handle in New York City
New York City industrial accidents often occur due to negligence or exposure to hazardous environments. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) sets and enforces standards to ensure safe and healthful working conditions for industrial workers. Sadly, when proper safety regulations are neglected, serious workplace injuries or death can result.
Some common industrial accidents that can cause serious injury include:
- Crane collapses
- Defective machinery
- Falling objects
- Fires and explosions
- Forklift accidents
- Gas and chemical exposure
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Ladder accidents
- Refinery accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Tunnel or mine accidents
Cellino Law firm serves residents right across New York State, and we have the resources to hire experienced attorneys from around the country to review your case. Call us to arrange a free consultation, and one of our team members can travel to you to hear your industrial accident story and concerns.
Types of Injuries Caused by Industrial Accidents
There is a broad range of injuries that can result from industrial accidents. No matter what type of injury you have sustained at work, it is crucial that you seek medical help as soon as possible. You should file a workplace incident report and consult an experienced industrial accident attorney for reliable legal advice.
Types of injuries our industrial accident lawyers try to seek compensation for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Amputations and dismemberment
- Broken and fractured bones
- Burn injuries (thermal, chemical, and radiation burns)
- Cuts and lacerations
- Ear injuries and hearing loss
- Eye injuries and loss of vision
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Head injuries and brain trauma
- Internal organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Scarring and disfigurement
When you hire Cellino Law, our legal team gathers all the needed evidence such as medical records, incident reports, and witness testimonies to build a strong case on your behalf. If necessary, we can contact the necessary medical experts to give supporting evidence regarding your injuries. Overall, the lawyers of our law firm fight aggressively for a successful outcome so that you can focus on getting better.
New York Workers’ Compensation Claims
If you suffered injuries on-the-job, you can seek compensation through your workers’ comp insurance. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system that provides wage replacement benefits and medical care for work-related injuries and illnesses. This means you can seek compensation for your injuries regardless of who was at fault.
New York law requires all employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover all their employees. Generally, workers’ comp does not allow you to file a personal injury claim against your employer, but there are some exceptions to the rule. It is best to seek legal counsel from an experienced lawyer to find out what options are available for your case.
Filing a Third-Party Personal Injury Claim
Although you can’t file a personal injury claim against your employer under workers’ comp, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against a third party that shared fault in the accident. Personal injury claims usually have a much larger cost in damages than what workers’ comp makes possible.
But the good news is that a third-party injury claim can help make up the difference. If your case fits, an experienced lawyer will file a claim with the third party who shares liability to seek compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
However, to file a personal injury claim against a third party, you must prove that person or entity acted negligently. To prove negligence, the following 4 elements must be established:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed you a duty of care
- Breach of duty: The defendant breached that duty of care
- Causation: The defendant’s actions, or lack of actions, caused your injuries
- Damages: The injuries you suffered led to financial damages
To ensure you get the right advice for your case, talk to one of Cellino Law’s lawyers for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Recoverable Compensation for Industrial Accidents in New York
Some industrial accident victims are unsure of their rights or how much compensation they can get. All too often, insurance companies make low-ball offers in an attempt to get victims to accept a settlement that is much lower than what they deserve. If you are weighed down by the economic burden of medical bills and lost wages, you don’t have to do this alone.
Cellino Law firm has successfully recovered over $2 billion in compensation for our clients. Each time with each case, we aggressively fight for the highest amount of compensation available so each victim can move forward in his or her life.
Our lawyers will evaluate your case to determine what damages you can recover, including the following:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Industrial accident victims have the right to pursue monetary compensation for their injuries. When you hire us, we advocate for your rights and fight hard to hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Industrial Accident Lawyer?
The lawyers at Cellino Law firm work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid when we win your case. There are no out-of-pocket costs because you pay nothing until and unless we win your industrial accident case.
What’s more, we strive to provide New York City residents access to quality legal advice, without the worry of adding further financial strain to their situation. All initial consultations therefore come free with no obligation.
No matter your financial situation, you matter to us. When we take on your case, we will put our resources and experience to work to get you the maximum amount of compensation available.
Trustworthy Legal Advice for Your New York Industrial Accident Case
Cellino Law has over 60 years of combined experience in providing quality legal representation to residents across the State of New York. Our lawyers understand the complex laws that govern industrial accidents and workers’ comp, and we strive to put that knowledge to work for each of our clients.
We know it can be overwhelming to seek legal help for your personal injury case, but we can make things easier for you. Think about it – you can sit back and focus on recovery while we take care of all paperwork and legal proceedings. In this way, we strive to make a difference in our clients’ lives by helping them seek justice and obtain fair compensation for their injuries.
If you have questions regarding your industrial accident case, Cellino Law’s representatives are available 24/7 to arrange your free consultation. Contact us to find out how we can help you with your industrial accident case today.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I really just wanted to say thank you so much for taking my case, answering all my questions, and mostly for being very patient with me. I feel that without you and Roza I would not have been able to get anything at all. I hope to never need a lawyer again, but if I do I will definitely want you both working for me. Again thank your for you hard work, time and patience.
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.
- My wife and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a fantastic job as our attorney. We could not have been more pleased with the work you and your team has done on this case. This past four years or so has been such a roller coaster for our family. We are very pleased and grateful with the result. We have made a good choice by choosing you. Thank you.
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!