New York construction workers can suffer severe injuries, such as spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and facial injuries, from construction site accidents. Workers can experience these injuries due to unsafe working conditions, slip and fall accidents, malfunctioning equipment, and vehicle accidents.
After a construction accident, the victim can file an accident claim, with the help of a New York construction lawyer, to pursue compensation for damages from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
A construction site accident victim must hire a lawyer with experience in this type of claim. They can use their experience and expertise to put them in the best position to recover compensatory damages.
Before hiring a construction lawyer, the victim should prepare a list of questions for a free consultation that can give them information about the lawyer’s experience, knowledge of New York construction laws, their process for handling claims, their staff, and how they receive payment.
Preparing for a Free Consultation With a New York Construction Accident Lawyer
After experiencing a New York construction accident, the victim must begin preparing for litigation to help them recover compensation for damages. Construction site accident victims can suffer serious injuries leading to expensive medical bills, lost wages from time off work, and pain and suffering resulting in reduced quality of life.
To recover compensation, they can file a construction accident claim with the help of an experienced New York construction accident lawyer.
Before hiring a lawyer, they must speak to them to determine who has the best experience, expertise, and process for handling construction accident claims.
You can speak to New York construction accident lawyers in free consultations to ask them questions about their experience, legal strategies, staff, and payment. Before the free consultations, a construction accident victim should write down questions they want to be answered.
Asking Questions About New York Construction Laws
The construction accident lawyer you hire must have in-depth knowledge of New York’s construction accident laws. Any lawyer you hire must know about specific rules and regulations for filing a construction accident claim in New York.
Without legal expertise in this form of personal injury law, the lawyer will not be able to help you, as they will have to research laws while the time is ticking on when you can file a construction accident claim.
During your free consultation, you should come prepared with specific questions about New York construction accident laws to see how your potential lawyer responds. Your construction accident lawyer must show a comprehensive understanding of New York’s construction accident laws.
The following are some of the legal information a New York construction accident lawyer must know:
- Construction accident statute of limitations
- Who can be held liable for a construction accident?
- Whether an employer can share liability
- If someone can file a construction accident claim if they are partially responsible
- Can you file a construction accident claim after recovering worker’s compensation benefits?
Determining If a New York Construction Accident Lawyer Has the Proper Experience
A New York construction accident lawyer also needs experience handling these types of claims to help you properly. If they have litigated multiple construction accident claims in New York, they will know what can cause construction accidents, how negligent parties try to avoid responsibility, what steps they need to take to recover fair compensation, and how to handle settlement negotiations and court proceedings.
The more experience a construction accident lawyer has, the better it will be for your New York construction accident claim. They can apply their experience to better inform the claims process than a newer lawyer without experience. During a free consultation, speak to your potential lawyer about how many construction accident claims they’ve handled. See if they can talk to you about other claims and how those went.
What Questions Should You Ask About How a New York Construction Lawyer Will Handle Your Claim?
If you plan to hire a New York construction accident lawyer, you should leave the free consultation confident about their ability to handle the claims process. You should ask questions during the initial consultation about how they have handled construction accident claims in the past and what steps they’ll take with you to put you in the best position to recover fair compensatory damages.
You should ask the following questions about how a New York construction accident lawyer will help with your claim:
- What steps are involved in a construction accident claim?
- How do they go about collecting evidence?
- Do they have connections with expert witnesses?
- How will they calculate your non-economic damages?
- What is involved in settlement negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company?
- How will they handle the case if it goes to court?
- Do they have experience with mediation?
The Importance of Knowing About Your Lawyer’s Staff
The construction accident lawyer will not be the only person you communicate with; secretaries, paralegals, and clerks on the lawyer’s staff will help with your claim. It’s also important to ask about the lawyer’s staff to see who you will have to be in contact with and how the staff operates. You may have an opportunity to meet them to ask them questions about how they can help with your claim.
Inquiries About Fees for a New York Construction Accident Lawyer
Before hiring a New York construction accident lawyer, you must agree upon a payment structure. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they do not receive payment until you receive a settlement or court award. The lawyer’s payment will usually be a percentage of your settlement or award.
Not all personal injury lawyers work this way; some have specific payment structures they like to use. Determine how they will receive their payment before agreeing to work together. Speak to them about what they expect as payment, what factors from the case can affect their payment, and when they expect payment.
Contact Cellino Law For Help With Your New York Construction Accident Lawyer
The New York construction accident lawyers at Cellino Law will be able to address all of the concerns listed above and answer as many questions as you need. Contacting a lawyer after a construction accident is essential to helping you recover compensation for damages.
Our New York construction accident attorneys have decades of experience litigating construction accident claims, know all of the critical New York construction accident laws, and can walk you through their process for helping clients recover fair compensatory damages.
Content checked by the personal injury attorney Ross Cellino. As a family man and a trial attorney, I pride myself on winning cases and serving the community. With over 35 years of experience, I understand the function of a jury, how juries arrive at conclusions, and the role that the jury plays in administering justice. I know how to win cases. You can find us in Manhattan, Buffalo, Melville, Rochester, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens and other locations throughout New York.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- I highly recommend Cellino Law to anyone involved in a car crash. I worked with Michael Lovecchio, and had a wonderful experience given the circumstances. He was very attentive, and got the best possible outcome I could have wanted.
- My experience during the time of negotiations was extremely positive. Josh Sandberg handled my lawsuit with the utmost integrity. He returned all my phone calls in a timely manner and answered all my questions. Josh made things less stressful. I would highly recommend Josh and the entire staff at Cellino Law.
- It was a great pleasure working with you on my lawsuit. You certainly gave 150% of your time and interest in settling my case and for that, I am extremely grateful. Therefore, I want to thank you very much for helping me win my settlement and wish you the very best.
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.