Workplace injuries can happen at any job, though it is certainly the case that some vocations are more accident-prone and some injuries are more common than others. Your workers’ compensation benefits can help you recover financially from an on-the-job accident, but familiarizing yourself with some of the most common workplace injuries will help you understand when you have a claim on your hands.
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Cellino Law are familiar with a wide variety of personal injury scenarios that can happen in the workplace, particularly in construction and related industries. We are ready to help you navigate the complexities of many types of workplace injuries, including those that are most common and devastating.
The Role of a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
The workers’ compensation process can be tricky to deal with at the best of times. When you are focusing on recovery from a catastrophic workplace accident, it can be even more of an ordeal to secure the compensation you deserve. A negligent employer can make matters worse by failing to uphold their obligations pertaining to workers’ compensation. In a worst-case scenario, the insurance company might even try to lowball your settlement or deny your claim outright.
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Cellino Law make sure you get the best outcome possible by:
- Investigating the circumstances around your workplace accident
- Collecting evidence establishing that your job caused or contributed to your injury
- Handling and recording paperwork relevant to your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Advocating for a proper settlement in court if necessary
While your highest priority after experiencing a workplace accident is to seek medical attention and promptly report the incident to your supervisor, contacting a workers’ compensation lawyer is also a high priority. Your legal team can help with filing your initial claim and provide invaluable support from an early stage in the process.
Falling Object Injuries
Falling objects are a serious and common hazard, especially on construction sites. Tools, shingles and all manner of other objects can fall from a building’s roof or from high scaffolding. It can be all too easy for someone to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, resulting in a devastating falling object injury.
A workers’ compensation attorney helps you get a fair settlement for head injuries or traumatic brain injuries that can result from falling objects. Impacts can also cause bruises, fractures or sprains, the severity of which can differ based on where the object strikes. Particularly heavy objects can cause crushing damage or even wrongful death.
Vehicle-related accidents can happen in many lines of work. Construction contractors, delivery drivers, warehouse workers and more all face the risk of experiencing a vehicle collision due to an operator’s negligence or poor safety regulations. Backing-out accidents are particularly common, as a person can easily fit into a vehicle’s blind spot and go unnoticed by the operator until it is too late.
Many types of catastrophic injuries can occur due to vehicle collisions. Broken bones, head injuries and internal injuries are some of the most devastating possibilities, to name a few. A workers’ compensation attorney can investigate the underlying cause of your vehicle accident on your behalf, establishing if it was due to unsafe work conditions such as poor training or lax regulations for which your employer is liable.
Not all workplaces are rife with fire hazards, but the risk of burn injuries should remain top of mind nonetheless. Construction sites in particular are home to flammable substances, exposed wiring and other conditions in which one lapse in judgment or one stray spark can cause disaster. It is possible to heavily mitigate the possibility of a blaze or explosion through proper safety measures, meaning that there is likely to be a strong case for employer negligence if burn injuries do occur.
It is important to note the distinction between electrical burns, thermal burns and chemical burns. Each can damage the body in different ways and require different types of treatment. The type of burn you sustain can heavily affect the amount of compensation you and your workers’ compensation attorneys can expect to secure from the insurance company.
Another type of incident that is common in industrial workplaces and at construction sites is collapsing structures or trenches. This can be due to an unsteady foundation during the trenching or construction process, as well as a lack of precautions during demolition. However, many types of workplaces can pose a risk of collapsing structures if the employer or property owner is negligent in performing regular inspections and maintenance.
When parts of a structure collapse on a person, the crushing damage can be immense. In a worst-case scenario, rubble or other elements of the collapsed structure may trap workers underneath for long periods of time. A workers’ compensation attorney becomes even more of an asset to your case if your supervisor fails to respond to your succumbing to a collapsed structure in a timely manner.
Falls are among the most common of all workplace injuries, as they can frequently happen even in environments that you might not consider particularly hazardous. Construction sites and industrial settings may often have exposed wiring, loose material and other tripping hazards strewn about, but negligence in upkeep can happen at any workplace. Even retail stores and office buildings can have spills, unmarked wet floors and damaged flooring that might cause catastrophic slip-and-fall accidents.
While it goes without saying that falling from a great height can cause major injury, it is also important to not underestimate the severity of a slip-and-fall. These accidents tend to cause broken bones, hip injuries or even head injuries. Your workplace or employer is liable for these injuries if they had ample time and opportunity to correct the hazardous conditions.
Repetitive Motion and Lifting Injuries
Workers’ compensation attorneys frequently field questions regarding whether or not repetitive stress injuries are worth filing a claim. The answer is often yes, especially for laborers who frequently handle power tools or lift heavy objects. The strain of completing intensive tasks repeatedly for weeks on end can build up to the point of injury even if you act with perfect form every single time.
Heavy lifting can culminate in back injuries that put you out of work for weeks at a time. Repetitive motions can cause similar muscle or joint damage that makes it difficult to impossible to continue performing the same tasks in the future. When these types of injuries affect your ability to work, workers’ compensation becomes an essential boon for making sure you recover your lost wages.
Contact Cellino Law To Talk to Our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
At Cellino Law, our team of workers compensation attorneys is adamant about securing the full amount of compensation you deserve in your New York workplace injury case. We understand how a workplace accident can affect you, your ability to work and your family’s financial wellbeing. That is why we strive for the best possible outcome, even if it means taking your case to trial.
If you are ready to file your workers’ compensation claim, or if you are wondering if your workplace injury is grounds for compensation, then Cellino Law can help you plan your next steps. Schedule a free case evaluation by calling (888) 888-8888 today.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.
- I highly recommend Cellino Law to anyone involved in a car crash. I worked with Michael Lovecchio, and had a wonderful experience given the circumstances. He was very attentive, and got the best possible outcome I could have wanted.
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- My experience during the time of negotiations was extremely positive. Josh Sandberg handled my lawsuit with the utmost integrity. He returned all my phone calls in a timely manner and answered all my questions. Josh made things less stressful. I would highly recommend Josh and the entire staff at Cellino Law.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- It was a great pleasure working with you on my lawsuit. You certainly gave 150% of your time and interest in settling my case and for that, I am extremely grateful. Therefore, I want to thank you very much for helping me win my settlement and wish you the very best.