Midtown Manhattan, NY, is home to many businesses and attractions. Did you know that approximately 50 million people visit Times Square alone every year? Around 300,000 tourists and New York residents pass through daily, reaching almost half a million on busy days.
With so many people packed into a congested area like Midtown, there are lots of accidents. Some accidents produce injuries, and others cause fatalities. No accident is good, but those caused by someone’s negligence can seem even worse.
If you sustained injuries in an accident, you deserve compensation. If you need a personal injury lawyer Midtown Manhattan, NY, call Cellino Law.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
Accidents can happen to anyone, anytime. You might trip over a toy your child left in the yard or cut your finger while slicing a vegetable. While unfortunate, that type of accident doesn’t qualify for a personal injury claim.
Personal injury claims arise when someone suffers harm that someone else may be responsible for causing. This harm might be physical injuries or related adverse effects. Most personal injury claims hinge on negligence, but strict liability and intentional wrongs give basis to some claims as well.
Typically, the injured victim files an insurance claim against the responsible party. The insurance company should compensate the victim for damages, but they often attempt to pay only minimal amounts or refuse to pay at all. That’s why many people choose to hire a personal injury attorney.
Experienced and competent attorneys will fight for maximum compensation on behalf of their clients. It’s sometimes necessary to file a civil lawsuit, and your lawyer can help with that, also.
What Is Negligence?
To prove negligence, you must show that all four of these statements are true:
- Someone owed you a duty of care.
- That party breached their duty of care.
- The breach caused an accident.
- That accident caused damages.
You may wonder what a duty of care is. It’s a legal obligation to act in a way that any reasonable person would act in a given situation to prevent harm from coming to others. We’ll use an example to demonstrate.
When anyone gets behind the wheel of a car, they are legally obligated through a duty of care to drive safely and avoid causing harm. Say that Jim is driving down 5th Avenue. Jim is texting and doesn’t realize that the cars in front of him have stopped, so he rear-ends Cathy’s car. Cathy sustains injuries in that accident.
Jim had a duty of care to focus on driving and surrounding traffic instead of his phone. He didn’t do that and caused an accident that injured Cathy. Jim is guilty of negligence and is responsible for Cathy’s injuries and other damages.
Car accidents aren’t the only situation that qualifies injured victims for personal injury claims. Regardless of the cause of your injury, Cellino Law can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What Kinds of Personal Injury Cases Does Cellino Law Handle?
Many kinds of accidents can cause injuries that qualify you to file a personal injury claim. We’ll highlight some of the most common.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are many kinds of motor vehicles in Midtown, and any of them can cause an accident. If you sustained injuries in any of these, Cellino Law can assist you:
Any motor vehicle accident can be complicated, but those involving commercial or government vehicles have more layers of complexity. Fortunately, your attorney understands how to peel back those layers to get to the bottom of them to ensure that you get compensation for your damages.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Property and business owners and managers have a legal duty of care to maintain their properties so that customers and visitors are reasonably safe. If they knew or should have known about a hazard but failed to fix it, they can be liable through negligence if someone slips and falls. Common causes of slip-and-fall accidents include:
- Broken stairs or handrails
- Cracked or damaged sidewalks
- Damaged pavement
- Dim lighting
- Loose carpet or damaged flooring
- Obstacles in walkways
- Snow and ice
Injuries resulting from slip-and-fall accidents can be minor or severe. Common injuries include:
Your accident and injuries must directly result from someone’s negligence to qualify for a premises liability claim. Ask your Cellino Law attorney for more details.
Many kinds of construction projects are ongoing in Midtown at any given time. In addition to workers’ compensation claims, construction workers may be entitled to file a personal injury claim if they sustain injuries on the job.
You don’t have to be a construction worker to be injured on a construction site. Falling debris or equipment and other things can hurt passersby.
Licensed medical personnel and hospitals have a higher obligation than many to protect others from harm. Many medical malpractice claims result from:
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Birth injuries
- Emergency room errors
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Surgical errors
If you suffered harm due to medical malpractice, contact Cellino Law.
Losing a loved one is never easy, especially if someone else’s negligence caused the death. Qualifying family members may have grounds to file a wrongful death claim, and Cellino Law can assist.
When dogs attack, they can leave permanent physical and psychological scars. If you suffered injuries in a dog attack, you might qualify to pursue a personal injury claim.
Can You Handle Your Claim on Your Own?
While you can file an insurance claim without an attorney, you need to focus on recovering from your injuries. Did you know that people tend to receive more compensation when they have legal representation than without?
Cellino Law has the knowledge and experience to handle your claim successfully, so you don’t have to. We will:
- Give you information and legal advice
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident
- Gather evidence to prove someone else’s negligence
- Speak to insurance companies on your behalf
- Prepare and submit paperwork for you
- Negotiate with insurance companies to reach a favorable settlement offer
- Take your case to court if needed
Many accidents have associated complications that you may be unable to unravel on your own. These include:
- The potential for multiple responsible parties
- Governmental involvement
- No-fault insurance
- Varying statutes of limitations
You probably haven’t dealt with any of these issues before, so you don’t know the laws, procedures, and regulations you’ll need to follow. You may not have the resources to perform an in-depth investigation, and you probably aren’t experienced in handling negotiations.
There’s no reason for you to do any of those things if you hire Cellino Law. We’ll take care of everything for you.
Why Should You Choose Cellino Law?
You can choose from many attorneys, so why should you hire Cellino Law? Our firm has represented injured accident victims for over 60 years, recovering over $2 billion in settlements for our clients. Our Manhattan office is conveniently located. You won’t pay any fees upfront; in fact, you won’t pay us unless you win.
Someone is available to speak to you 24/7. We’ll start with a free case review and give you information and tell you about your legal options. Call us at (888) 888-8888 or submit our contact request form online.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I really appreciated your determination and efforts on handling my case. You have done an outstanding job, and I am very satisfied with the outcome of the settlement. Thank you so so much John.
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.