After an accident, you face many challenges and may not know the best way to handle them. You may believe you only need legal assistance if your circumstances are extreme. However, you can hire a personal injury lawyer in NoMad, Manhattan, NY, for various situations.
Even minor mishaps can result in significant injuries and medical expenses. Effectively navigating insurance claims or managing court cases requires knowledge of the rules and regulations in your state, the applicable deadlines and your rights under the law. You can benefit from working with an attorney for various reasons.
What Kind of Accidents Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
When you have a legal claim, you need professionals specializing in your case type. It is essential to contact someone with experience handling situations like yours. Personal injury lawyers manage various types of accident claims, including the following:
Slip and Fall Cases
Slipping and falling can happen anywhere due to property owner negligence. These mishaps occur often and can result in serious bodily injury. Property owners in NoMad, Manhattan, NY, have a legal responsibility to ensure their buildings and walkways are safe for visitors or passersby.
Owners must ensure proper and timely repairs and maintenance of pavements, carpets, tiles, stairways, lighting and other areas. They must warn people of any potential hazards on their property, like slippery floors, and take adequate measures to secure construction or repair sites. Additionally, the law requires that building owners and managers keep outdoor areas free of snow and ice from adverse weather conditions.
Construction sites present many possible hazards that can result in devastating accidents, such as:
- Falling objects
- Faulty machinery
- Unstable structures
- Electrical burns
- Repetitive use injuries
Incidents on job sites can cause severe injuries that require costly, often long-term, medical treatments. On top of bills for medical care, you may suffer lost wages, pain and suffering, disability and more. If you are a victim of this type of incident, it is vital to understand your legal rights. Seeking and securing the compensation you deserve requires in-depth knowledge of New York laws and claims procedures.
Motor Vehicle Claims
A personal injury lawyer in NoMad, Manhattan, NY, can help you recover monetary losses from a car, truck or motorcycle crash. Consulting a knowledgeable professional can increase your understanding of what insurance companies will pay for, how you can prove fault and the claims filing process. Experienced attorneys can also handle cases involving drunk drivers, pedestrians, bicycles, trains and ride-sharing services.
Insurance agencies aim to pay out as little as possible, making it crucial to have someone who knows how to negotiate successfully. Personal injury attorneys work for clients on a contingency basis, meaning that protecting your rights will not cost you anything until you receive a compensation settlement.
Medical Malpractice Issues
If you suffer harm from negligent actions by a health care professional in NoMad, Manhattan, NY, a lawyer can help you understand your legal protections, rights and recourse. Errors in the course of your treatment, including a misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment, inadequate skills, failure to diagnose and mistaken patient identity, can result in many adverse effects.
You have the right in NY to seek compensation for bodily damages, monetary losses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment and mental anguish. If your case involves malicious or reckless actions by a medical care worker, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well.
Dog Bite Incidents
An animal bite can result in significant injuries, pain and long-term concerns. Most victims of dog bites are children who can sustain severe injuries, scars and ongoing mental trauma. Bites can lead to potentially deadly infections from the rabies virus or bacteria, like Capnocytophaga, Staphylococcus or Streptococcus. Facial damage from dog attacks can be extensive and require years of reconstructive surgeries and other treatments. People often develop an intense fear of dogs or post-traumatic stress disorder following an aggressive animal attack.
New York holds dog owners liable for medical expenses from dog bite injuries when they do not take reasonable care to prevent attacks and protect others from harm. You must prove negligence to collect compensation. A personal injury lawyer in NoMad, Manhattan, NY, can help you present a compelling case that identifies the at-fault party in your case.
Many types of accidents can result in burn injuries. Burns can range in severity and lead to life-threatening complications, scarring and disfigurement. Some primary causes of these wounds include:
- Heat from fires, hot objects or scalding liquids
- Electricity coming into contact with your body
- Chemicals like cleaning products, paint thinner, gasoline or acids
- Friction or abrasion from contact with flooring, asphalt or other objects
- Harmful sun exposure
- Frostbite from severe cold weather or contact with ice, icy liquids or freezing metals
Whether your burns are from a vehicle, machinery, defective product or on-the-job accident, personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for your bodily injuries and ongoing damages.
Wrongful Death Cases
New York state considers a person’s death wrongful when a party’s negligent actions cause the fatality. To recover damages, you must prove that your loved one died due to the liable entity’s negligence. With experienced legal assistance, you can offer evidence that the responsible party violated their legal duty of care, causing the death. You can sue for economic and non-economic losses, depending on the details of your case.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer in Nomad, Manhattan, NY, Help You?
Attorneys specializing in this area of law perform many critical duties that can assist you with your accident case. They can determine whether you have a valid legal claim and help you gather evidence that supports your lawsuit. A legal professional can explain your rights under New York law, tell you the statute of limitations for your case and provide details regarding filing claims.
Interpreting insurance documents and medical terms and navigating legal procedures require experience and knowledge. Legal professionals can offer objective guidance for managing the complexities of your case. They can negotiate a fair settlement without filing a lawsuit and present your claim in court if necessary. Successful litigation efforts demand adherence to a strict set of rules and procedures.
Personal injury law firms can also interview witnesses, investigate your accident and consult with other professionals who can assist with your claim. They can help you gather medical documentation, review police reports and assess your current and long-term damages.
When Should You Enlist Help From a Personal Injury Attorney?
Not all accidents require legal assistance. However, minor incidents can have complicated and damaging consequences, such as chronic pain or lasting trauma. You can consult a lawyer for free to discuss whether you should pursue a claim.
Some mishaps are complex and require professional aid. The claim process can be confusing if multiple parties are responsible for your accident. It is also wise to go over details with an attorney before signing any agreements. An insurance agency may deny valid claims or offer low settlements.
At Cellino Law, we have the experience, knowledge and resources to analyze the details of your accident, review your case and help you understand your legal rights. We aid you with navigating complex legal procedures, identifying liability and presenting your case. Contact us today by phone or online to set up a free consultation. We make it easy by traveling to meet you.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- Thank you for your help in settling the case of my father's accident. I could always count on you to answer my questions honestly and in terms I could understand. If all lawyers at Cellino Law are like you, I understand why they are an A-1 law firm.
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry