Someone becomes a victim of a car accident every few seconds. A car accident attorney might be the best resource available for victims. Businesses, courts, and awareness support groups use statistics to paint a realistic picture for drivers.
Every year Buffalo, NY emergency rooms see tens of thousands of people in need of immediate treatment from car wrecks. If you or a passenger were hurt in a car accident, you need the help of a car wreck lawyer.
Motor Vehicle Related Deaths
Although there are more restrictions on distracted driving, and cops cracked down, there are more deaths than ever. Reasonably, there are more drivers than ever. The ideal situation of fewer deaths relies on safe driving, not on a reasonable ratio.
The average of motor vehicle-related deaths between 2012 and 2014 was 1,098 deaths per year. Motor vehicle injuries and wrecks were the fourth leading cause of injury-type deaths in the state.
Too often families lose loved ones to drowsy drivers, intoxicated drivers, and poor judgment. They often feel that there is little that they can do in these situations. After a grieving period, when the family is comfortable, there is often the possibility of a wrongful death lawsuit.
Car accident attorneys can help grieving families understand the processes of insurance claims and medical expenses that come after these tragic situations.
Injuries and Hospitalizations
Annually, about 12,000 people are taken into the hospital for injuries from car wrecks. Then there are nearly 136,000 annual visits to the Emergency Room because of car accidents. Injuries and hospitalizations aren’t minor issues.
These major mishaps in life can derail a person’s career, financial stability, and their family. A car wreck can impact a person’s mobility for life. It can severely affect how they are able to continue their life for the years or decades to come.
Common injuries from car wrecks include:
- Lacerations, contusions, and concussions
- Brain swelling
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones or fractures
- Neck injury
The Expense of Car Accident Injuries
The estimated cost per person for crashes is about $820. That is not accounting for the number of people on the road, that’s the entire population. In the United States, the annual cost of car accidents is about $231 billion per year.
That figure includes the work lost and the lifetime medical expenses that come from car accidents. These statistics are scary, and many people face these extreme bills on their own.
Anyone who has ever been in a car crash will know that it’s terrifying being behind the wheel in a wreck. But more people learn each day that is debilitating deciding between extraordinary medical debt or lifelong pain and suffering.
In some cases, victims will experience overwhelming medical bills and pain throughout their life. Loss of limb or function are things that will follow you, even with medical advancements.
How Car Accident Lawyers Help Victims
Whether it was a wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, loss of limb, or a concussion that kept you from work, you need help. The statistics show that car wrecks can wreak havoc on anyone’s life.
Safe driving and being aware of the road conditions will only get you so far. If you were the victim of a car accident, get help from a lawyer. Your insurance company may be able to help a little, but they won’t be able to guide you through your recovery.
Get the help that you need to start putting your life back on track.
Get A Car Wreck Attorney
It doesn’t matter how bad the car wreck was, or how many cars it involved. You can start taking immediate action to put yourself in order. If you experienced any type of injury, or needed medical attention on the scene, you have options to help with your medical bills.
An insurance company can only do so much to help you with your medical recovery. A lawyer can help you explore alternative resolutions to recover from the crash. Even accidents with minor injuries result in damages to the vehicle and often lost work.
You should be able to take the time you need to make a full recovery and have access to necessary medical treatment. Additionally, if you were in a fatal crash as a driver or passenger, you have your mental recovery to consider as well.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- My wife and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a fantastic job as our attorney. We could not have been more pleased with the work you and your team has done on this case. This past four years or so has been such a roller coaster for our family. We are very pleased and grateful with the result. We have made a good choice by choosing you. Thank you.
- I highly recommend Cellino Law to anyone involved in a car crash. I worked with Michael Lovecchio, and had a wonderful experience given the circumstances. He was very attentive, and got the best possible outcome I could have wanted.
- Thank you for all your help. It has been a long journey. At last, the light at the end of the tunnel. Also, thank Tom for the help and work he put in.