Every time you travel on a public road, you face the possibility of a motor vehicle collision. Of these accidents, some of the most catastrophic involve trucks.
Truck companies and their drivers are liable for preventable accidents caused by negligence. Cellino Law has over 60 years of experience in protecting accident victims’ rights. If you were injured in a truck accident, contact our legal team for a free consultation at (800) 555-5555 right away.
Truck Accidents You Can Trust Us to Handle
Good drivers operate their trucks with knowledge and alertness. They make intuitive decisions, always considering vehicle characteristics (e.g. weight, height, handling) and road and weather conditions. Unfortunately, not every driver has sufficient experience. Even good drivers can make mistakes that lead to truck accidents.
Trucks that tow cargo, such as semi-trucks, are often composed of a cab and trailer. In a jackknife accident, a truck trailer swings out to one side, forming an L- or V-shape with the cab. Besides blocking traffic, this type of accident is often a result of slippery road conditions, braking issues, or cargo shifts or spills.
Loading cargo onto a truck takes planning and skill. If a loader makes a mistake or fails to secure the items, their weight as they move about in the trailer can affect the truck’s center of gravity. When this happens, truckers can lose control of their vehicles.
A cargo spill is when items fall off of a truck. Accidents occur when falling objects hit other motorists or drivers swerve to avoid them. Hazardous substances can also damage vehicles, roads, and even waterways.
A rollover accident is when a large commercial vehicle turns over, potentially rolling multiple times. According to a research study, almost 50 percent of rollovers occur when drivers fail to adjust speed properly (for curves, ramps, and road conditions). Other causes include distracted driving, drowsy driving, or over- or understeering.
Compared to cars, trucks require a longer distance and time to stop. If trucks follow too closely or fail to slow down at the appropriate time, they can hit the cars in front of them. Sometimes high-speed, rear-end crashes trigger multiple-car pile-ups.
Truck head-on collisions are among the deadliest types of truck accidents. They happen for various reasons, such as motorists driving on the wrong side of the road, passing in a no-passing zone, or losing control of a vehicle due to mechanical issues or health emergencies.
Large trucks cannot turn as easily as cars, so they usually have to start turns from the lane next to the regular turning lane. Commercial vehicle drivers could hit the curb, other cars, or even pedestrians in their path as they swing wide for a turn.
T-bone accidents (also known as broadside collisions) are named after the T-shape formed by the cars involved. Why might a vehicle strike the side of another car? In many cases, someone ignores a traffic signal or right-of-way turn at an intersection.
Truckers have a “blind spot” where passing vehicles are difficult or impossible to see. If they merge or change lanes while an undetected car is next to them, they can sideswipe the vehicle, causing serious damage and injury. If motorists try to avoid the truck, they could be forced into opposing traffic or obstacles such as barriers or trees.
Cellino Law cares about you, regardless of the type of truck accident that has caused you harm. Since 1958, our lawyers have investigated various types of truck accidents to ensure justice for accident victims.
Why You Should Schedule a Free Consultation
You could be entitled to compensation if your injuries resulted from these preventable accident causes:
- Speeding: All vehicles should respect the posted speed limits. Some states set truck speed limits lower than those for vehicles with the aim of increasing safety.
- Distracted driving: Many activities have the potential to take a driver’s attention off the road. Cell phones are such a common distraction that many states have made hands-free driving the legal standard.
- Drowsy and exhausted driving: If a trucker does not get proper rest, he or she should not drive. The nearly 700 crashes related to drowsy driving in 2019 illustrate the seriousness of this problem.
- Driving under the influence: Alcohol and drugs can affect a person’s ability to drive. Slower reaction time, reduced coordination, and poor judgment are only a few of the harmful effects of driving under the influence. Even prescription or over-the-counter medications can produce unwanted side effects.
- Equipment problems: Mechanical issues, such as brake or coupling failure, tire blowouts, and broken lights can lead to accidents. Trucking companies must be vigilant to ensure the proper installation and maintenance of vehicle parts. In some instances, however, parts manufacturers or distributors may be to blame for defective products.
- Road conditions: Local and national officials take care of streets and highways. Engineers and planners share responsibility in designing and implementing safe work zones. Poor road conditions or hazardous construction zones could reveal mismanagement and neglect.
Many dangerous situations are due to negligence on the part of truckers, trucking companies, or other parties. A free consultation with Cellino Law’s attorneys can help you get the compensation you need for your recovery.
Cellino Law Could Make the Difference in Your Life
After a crash, the future could seem bleak. Yet, our law firm has won over $2 billion for clients like you. How would a cash settlement change your life?
Contact us to learn how much your case is worth. You could be compensated for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and more.
Our lawyers are ready to help you, so why hesitate? Our case reviews will not cost you a dime, and they don’t come with any obligation. If you decide to hire us, you won’t need to pay anything unless you win.
The sooner you get in touch, the sooner our New York team can start protecting your rights. Call (800) 555-5555 today to schedule your free consultation.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.
- My experience during the time of negotiations was extremely positive. Josh Sandberg handled my lawsuit with the utmost integrity. He returned all my phone calls in a timely manner and answered all my questions. Josh made things less stressful. I would highly recommend Josh and the entire staff at Cellino Law.
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.
- I really appreciated your determination and efforts on handling my case. You have done an outstanding job, and I am very satisfied with the outcome of the settlement. Thank you so so much John.
- I just want to let you know that I did receive my settlement check. More importantly, I want to thank you again for all you did for both me and my family. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Cellino Law. From the moment I first spoke with you I felt comfortable - you took a sincere interest in my case, clearly explained the process and effected a quick settlement. From this day forward, when someone asks if I can recommend a good lawyer I will, without hesitation, say "Cellino Law". Thanks again.