Many people may conclude that their rear-end collision is not serious since it was not a major car crash. Indeed, some accidents do not result in demolished or “totaled” vehicles. Nonetheless, these seemingly minor accidents can still cause significant injuries.
When a negligent motorist hits your vehicle from behind, significant damage and expenses can result. A rear-end collision can produce substantial medical costs, severe property damage, and even fatalities.
You do not have to figure out how to recover financially and legally by yourself. A trustworthy New York accident lawyer with extensive experience can help you. With skillful assistance on your side, you can recover restitution for your expenses.
Call Cellino Law today at 888-888-8888 for a free case evaluation. With us on your side, you can have access to experienced legal professionals who know how to handle personal injury litigation.
What Causes a Rear-end Collision?
Each rear-end collision is made up of unique circumstances and causes. Still, there are various factors that can be typically found in situations when drivers collide with the vehicle in front of them. The following will examine some of these common causes of rear-end collisions.
Investigations related to rear-end collisions reveal that most drivers were distracted. Their loss of focus causes them to hit the car in front of them. Someone may be distracted while driving due to:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on a cell phone
- Giving too much attention to a GPS or navigation system
- Eating and drinking
- Conversing with another occupant inside the car
- Excessive attention is given to an event taking place outside the car
- Mental or emotional preoccupation with something other than driving
A driver must be alert and attentive to make quick decisions with rapid maneuvers safely. However, fatigued drivers may be impaired in their ability to analyze changing road conditions quickly. As a result, they may not react quick enough to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of them. Even worse, a drowsy driver could fall asleep at the wheel and crash into the next vehicle.
Under normal circumstances, impaired concentration, poor reaction time, and a reduced ability to correctly interpret ones’ surroundings is a lethal combination. When combined with New York traffic and, at times, treacherous New York weather conditions, the effects of drowsy driving can make for serious rear-end collisions.
Aggressive drivers and road rage
The relentless hustle and bustle of New York life can sometimes become frustrating to a driver. For example, the challenges of New York traffic are infamous. Feeling a level of agitation could make a motorist drive aggressively. This road rage could make him or her drive recklessly.
A driver who feels frustrated in traffic might tailgate the vehicle ahead. If the car in front suddenly stops, the driver who is aggressively driving may lack sufficient time to stop and may rear-end the next vehicle. In other situations, angry drivers may demonstrate road rage by speeding and driving recklessly, resulting in rear-end collisions.
Influence of drugs or alcohol
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for people to attempt driving after drinking too much alcohol or using drugs. The New York State Department of Transportation has specific guidelines regarding drivers’ blood alcohol concentration limits. Nonetheless, some individuals will continue to operate a vehicle even while intoxicated or drugged.
Like the drowsy driver, the impaired driver does not have the necessary ability to respond quickly and accurately to changing road conditions. Consequently, this can result in a rear-end accident with the vehicle in front.
The reasons mentioned above are not all the causes of rear-end accidents. If you are unsure what caused your rear-end collision, Cellino Law can help you in the process of finding the truth. Come talk to us to learn how a New York rear-end collision lawyer can assist you in protecting your financial and legal interests.
How Can a New York Rear-end Collision Lawyer Help My Personal Injury Case?
Following a rear-end collision, you will be confronted with decisions that can have long-lasting effects on the lives of you and your family. Unfortunately, it can be overwhelming to try to make the right legal decisions without a strong legal background.
Additionally, the process of communicating with obstinate and resistant insurance companies can be exhausting. It can be nerve-racking to have to understand complex legal procedures related to accidents. Further, fighting with guilty parties and establishing who is at fault, all while trying to heal, may seem paralyzing.
With the assistance of our award-winning and trustworthy attorneys, though, you do not need to feel defeated. Instead, we can demonstrate our interest in your personal well-being and recovery and give you the help you need. You can have confidence that your cares and concerns are being given priority.
Can I receive compensation for my accident?
A New York rear-end collision lawyer with Cellino Law can help you obtain compensation for the following:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Treatment from specialists
- Necessary medication and medical devices
- Lost income
- Lost future wages
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of limb
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
What help can I get with filing a claim?
Filing a rear-end collision claim with an insurance company can be a complex process. This is especially true when the insurance company or companies try to avoid accountability. On the other hand, a car accident lawyer with Cellino Law can help your case in several ways. Our legal team can:
- Review your legal rights and explain how they relate to the facts and circumstances of your accident
- Analyze and calculate the value of your injuries and damages accurately to pursue appropriate restitution
- Factor in all the details of your car accident to determine the compensation that is fair for your pain and suffering
- Evaluate your lost wages thoroughly which could include lost bonuses and salary increases through promotions, vacation and sick leave, lost retirement and pension contributions, and lost employee benefits
- Negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies so you can avoid the stress and frustration that often accompanies communication with devious insurance adjusters
- Provide guidance to help you see clearly whether a settlement offer from an insurance company is in your best interest now and in the long-term
- Determine whether it is advisable for you to file a lawsuit if the settlement offer is inappropriate or inadequate
Contact Our New York Law Firm Today
Even seemingly minor motor vehicle accidents can be problematic regarding the victim’s health and finances. You may suffer both physical injuries and a variety of losses. However, you do not have to confront these challenges on your own.
The attorneys of Cellino Law are happy to explain to you how a rear-end collision lawyer can help you with your case. In addition, an accident lawyer can help you make decisions that are in your best interests so you can receive maximum compensation for your accident.
If you suffered any injuries, losses, or damages related to your rear-end collision, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our legal team. Call us at 888-888-8888 or contact us online.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- Cellino Law and more specifically my attorney, Gregory V. Pajak, Managing Attorney, and as a whole the Cellino Law Firm and its organization. This is by far one of the most professional law firms and attorney I have ever engaged with and retained in my 35 years. The level of professionalism goes beyond words, the care and constant engagement with me as the client was touching. I was never ever just treated as simply a CASE with potentially a significant dollar number attached to my file. I was engaged regularly, Tracey (Ass’t) and Greg always made sure to remain constant, as well as consistent in overseeing that my case was handled properly and that it did matter in many ways - ensuring that the end result(s) would be fair and reasonable to my case/injury. The regular follow-up calls were very satisfying, knowing that you’re involved in your case matters significantly AND always. One of my main items to recognize Cellino Law and Gregory is that whenever I called, I was able to get through to speak directly to my Lawyer and he would answer any if not all of my questions in a very professional and genuinely caring manner. I always felt cared for and protected legally and more importantly, I was made feel as a human being that was being cared for and always keeping me abreast of all matters connected to the case. There was never a point I felt let down, on the contrary -the level of service was “STELLAR”. Greg is the consummate professional, a ‘role model’, if you will, for what other attorneys should strive to become when dealing with their clients.
- I am writing to let you know what an outstanding job George Gridelli did for me in my personal injury lawsuit. His professionalism and expertise were evident at our first metting and he and his paralegal Diane D'Andrea took care of me as if I was a friend and not merely a client. They both went above and beyond for me in so many ways that it would be too numerous to list and I am grateful to have had such an exemplary team represent me. When working with George and watching him in court he personified to me what a lawyer is supposed to be - an honest, extremely compentent man who helped guide me through the legal system. I could not have obtained better representation anywhere else at any price. To me that says a lot abut you and your firm's integrity. Thank you again for representing me and for having such stellar individuals working for you! I will continue to recommend your firm.