The industrial accident injuries lawyers at Cellino Law firm know that industrial workers in Buffalo, New York, daily face the risk of suffering an accident in the workplace. Several worksite hazards have the potential of causing serious injury to an unsuspecting worker. In fact, 273 workers sadly lost their lives due to workplace injuries in New York State in 2019.
In most cases, work accidents occur due to negligence. This is unfair, and your rights should be protected. If you have suffered either injury while working on an industrial site or the pain of losing a loved one, please know that Cellino Law is here to help you get through this difficult time in your life.
Our compassionate personal injury lawyers in Buffalo, NY have decades of success in personal injury law cases – we know how to handle litigation the right way. Call Cellino Law (800) 555-5555 for a free consultation with a member of our personal injury team.
Table of Contents
Some Common Types of Industrial Accidents
The term “industrial injury” not only refers to a physical injury suffered at the workplace but also applies to diseases worker contracts from an unsafe working environment or develops over time.
Some of the most common types of industrial accidents can hurt workers include:
- Falls: Falling is the cause of injury to most employees in the industrial field. One common cause of these falls is a failure to provide and enforce the use of safety equipment. Handrails, guardrails, safety nets, and personal protective equipment (PPE) may be some of the required prevention measures.
- Toxic exposure: Being exposed to hazardous chemicals often results in serious injuries or death for employees. Employers are legally obligated to train their workers on handling toxic chemicals and dangerous substances. Proper labeling is also required, since these hazards may not be easy to spot.
- Confined spaces: Many employees work in confined spaces, extremely narrow spaces not normally designed for people. Tunnels, manholes, ductwork, silos, and tanks are all examples of confined spaces. Industrial workers who work in such restricted spaces constantly face the risk of being suffocated due to a lack of oxygen.
- Electrocutions: When workers on an industrial site do not follow safety measures regarding the use of electricity, the result is usually a fellow worker being severely injured or killed. Hazards such as exposed wires, faulty wiring, or a failure to lockout/tagout dangerous equipment all are forms of neglect.
- Caught in-between: Sometimes an industrial worker can become wedged between a wall or under heavy equipment, such as a crane or truck. Or the worker may have a body part such as a limb get caught in moving machinery. These accidents result in a victim being crushed or tragically killed.
- Fires and explosions: Flammable materials are always present on industrial sites, such as chemical plants and refineries. As such, it is extremely important for workers to follow safety procedures regarding the use of hazardous materials. When materials are not properly stored or equipment has been poorly maintained, fires or explosions can occur and injure other workers.
This list, of course, is not exhaustive. There are several other types of mishaps that can occur in an industrial work environment, such as forklift or flying object accidents . As a result of exposure to these ever-present dangers, work-related injuries frequently occur.
Some common injuries experienced by industrial workers include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Hearing loss
- Untimely death
If you suffered work-related injuries, immediately notify your employer. New York State requires most employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance for injured workers. As an injured employee, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
However, you may also be legally entitled to further compensation for your loss. There may be other parties who are liable for the accident, if there were faulty equipment or safety violations involved, for instance. Therefore, it is wise to speak with a personal injury lawyer at Cellino Law as soon as possible after suffering an injury. Our team of industrial accident injuries attorneys has successfully recovered billions of dollars for our clients.
Types of Compensation You May Be Entitled to Receive
Industrial workers who suffer injuries from workplace accidents have the legal right to file a lawsuit and receive compensation for losses beyond what workers’ compensation insurance might cover.
Compensation for loss and damages may include:
- Present and long-term medical expenses
- Present and long-term lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Household renovation for disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Compensation for wrongful death
The industrial accident injuries lawyers you choose to hire will have a direct impact on the outcome of your claim. If you choose the industrial accident injuries lawyers at Cellino Law, you will have access to experienced legal professionals who know how to handle personal injury litigation the right way.
Why Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo, NY
No doubt you or a loved one has already devoted many years to providing for the family and furthering the cause of the company. Therefore, if you have suffered a work-related injury, you have a right to fair compensation for damages.
The company may hold workers’ comp insurance, but that doesn’t mean filing and resolving a claim will be easy. The adjuster may seek to minimize the cost of your claim. So never limit yourself to settling too soon for workers’ compensation benefits. And don’t hold back from reaching out and getting the legal assistance that will reduce the pain of the claims process.
To maximize recovery for your workplace injuries, contact the law firm of Cellino Law. We have the resources to have highly experienced industrial accident injuries attorneys around the country to review your case. We also have the means to identify defective products or safety violations that may have been the cause of your injury. If there was a problem like this present, we can make a claim against the at-fault party or parties and get you the most compensation possible.
Our industrial accident injuries lawyers in Buffalo, NY are available 24/7 to offer injury victims a free consultation. Call (800) 555-5555 to speak with a member of our personal injury team!