Car accidents can upend your life and leave you wondering what you should do next. If your injuries are serious, returning to work may not be an option. As expenses pile up, the fears and frustrations that result from a car accident accumulate. When your accident results from the negligent actions of another driver, it’s time to talk with a car crash lawyer to get the help you need.
A car crash accident attorney in Buffalo, NY, handles auto accident personal injury cases. It is essential to get a local attorney because knowledge of the physical area where you live and how local law applies to your case matters to the outcome of your claim. These are key reasons to select an experienced attorney from where you live.
Finding a lawyer you can trust is one of the most critical decisions you make after a car accident. You are putting a serious personal and legal matter into someone else’s hands, asking this individual to be your representative. You want to be sure the lawyer you choose is attentive to you and your case and takes the time to listen and understand your concerns. Attorneys who deal with car accident cases in Buffalo should have a proven record of handling personal injury claims and supporting their clients.
One of the first things a personal injury attorney does is consult with you about your claim. You can use this initial meeting to ask questions and get an idea of how responsive this person is to your situation. A local attorney builds a practice by establishing an excellent reputation within a community. While outsider attorneys may advertise their services, a law firm in your city is a known entity and has spent years becoming a trusted partner to the people it values and serves.
A local attorney understands traffic safety laws that apply to your case. They are aware of places where traffic problems regularly occur and often what the contributory factors are in various accident scenarios. It may be necessary to involve expert assistance, and your attorney knows who to consult from years of handling car crash cases throughout the city.
An initial step in almost all cases is dealing with insurance companies. Your attorney knows the insurers in your area and works with them to negotiate settlements. Insurance companies want to settle for the least amount possible and try to get you to agree. When people work with our Buffalo office, our attorneys don’t let insurers take advantage with lowball settlement offers.
Personal injury cases are rarely straightforward. Your case can take time to resolve, and you want to know what’s happening. Having access to your attorney is a feature of personalized legal representation. Working with a locally based attorney allows you to make office visits. We understand how much a car crash can affect your life and the lives of those you love. Understandably, you feel vulnerable and worried, and a conversation with your attorney can give you peace of mind about what to expect in your case.
What Are the Leading Causes of Buffalo, NY, Car Accidents?
In 2020 data from the National Safety Council, auto accidents in the U.S. resulted in 4,800,000 medically consulted injuries. The primary reasons for car accident injuries in Buffalo, NY, mirror other parts of the country.
Sadly, these accident causes often result in permanent injuries because a driver’s reaction time is limited, and bodily impacts are forceful. Under all these crash types, a driver has the potential for serious brain and spinal cord injuries. For younger persons in the U.S., vehicle accidents are the number one cause of SCI. A TBI is another devastating outcome that can affect an individual’s ability to function in a previous capacity. If your accident happens due to factors obvious to local drivers, a Buffalo attorney can demonstrate how specific issues resulted in your harm.
How Does an Attorney Help My Case?
A crucial part of a personal injury case is establishing liability. The bar in a personal injury lawsuit is set high for proving another person is the cause of your injury and owes you damages. Four significant factors must be met to establish fault:
- Duty: You must show a defendant owed you a duty of care to act like other drivers would be expected to in the same situation.
- Breach: You must show that a defendant breached a duty of care owed to you.
- Causation: You must show the breach of a duty is the direct cause of your injuries.
- Damages: You must have been injured as a result of a breach. If you were not injured, you have no right to seek compensation for damages.
Many times, victims of accidents think their claims appear clear-cut in terms of driver responsibility. However, accident cases can be tricky. It’s possible that you may bear partial liability for your injuries. You need a legal professional to determine what occurred and protect your rights. A lawyer from your area understands how to evaluate localized factors and develop a case that fits those unique facts.
Find the Right Attorney After a Buffalo, NY, Car Crash
Cellino Law is the firm you need for legal representation in a car crash because we have years of experience handling personal injury cases and providing legal services as a trusted partner within the Buffalo community. Being a local firm, we care about our clients as individuals. We offer a free case review, so you know exactly where you stand and how to proceed.
Every accident injury case has complications that require specific skills in managing a crash investigation, conducting legal research, and handling case development. Whether negotiating with insurance companies or litigating your case in court, we know what to do. If insurance companies don’t play fair, we won’t hesitate to take your case to trial. There are no upfront fees, and you don’t pay anything unless you win. We will gladly come to you if you’ve been seriously injured and want to meet with us. Contact us to get started.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- My experience during the time of negotiations was extremely positive. Josh Sandberg handled my lawsuit with the utmost integrity. He returned all my phone calls in a timely manner and answered all my questions. Josh made things less stressful. I would highly recommend Josh and the entire staff at Cellino Law.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- I am writing to let you know what an outstanding job George Gridelli did for me in my personal injury lawsuit. His professionalism and expertise were evident at our first metting and he and his paralegal Diane D'Andrea took care of me as if I was a friend and not merely a client. They both went above and beyond for me in so many ways that it would be too numerous to list and I am grateful to have had such an exemplary team represent me. When working with George and watching him in court he personified to me what a lawyer is supposed to be - an honest, extremely compentent man who helped guide me through the legal system. I could not have obtained better representation anywhere else at any price. To me that says a lot abut you and your firm's integrity. Thank you again for representing me and for having such stellar individuals working for you! I will continue to recommend your firm.
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe