All cities are required to monitor and manage vehicle traffic and pedestrian activity to ensure road safety for everyone. If you get injured in a pedestrian accident, the law allows you to take the necessary steps to protect your health and wellbeing. Therefore, you can file a lawsuit against the party that caused the accident. If you are considering this option, contact the Queens pedestrian accident lawyers at Cellino Law immediately. Call 888-888-8888 to have our Queens personal injury lawyers review your claim.
What Should You Do If You Have Been Hit By A Car When You Are Walking?
To take legal against the party at fault, present all the evidence supporting your accounts of the event. Accurate testimony can help support your evidence. The court and insurance companies will determine the party to be blamed for the accident using the information you give them.
To show the nature of the injuries you sustained in the accident, provide medical treatment records and other necessary documents. That is why you must try to document the scene, get the contact information of everyone involved, and file a report with the police. Also, to have a smooth litigation process, make sure everyone at fault is contacted immediately. Taking the right steps right after the accident can help you win your case. However, taking the wrong steps can break your case.
If you get into a pedestrian accident in Queens, here are some of the important things you must do:
Call Police And Seek Treatment
Getting into pedestrian accidents can lead to severe injuries, especially if a moving vehicle hits a pedestrian or cyclist. It is important to consider the damages the car could get and the extent of the injuries the cyclist or pedestrian might sustain. It is often the insurance policy of the driver, who caused the accident, that is responsible for the medical bills of the pedestrian or cyclist. Additionally, it is important to call medical emergency services immediately to assist injured people.
Emergency responders will provide first aid procedures to the injured people before transporting them to the hospital for further treatment. Fortunately, they can handle minor injuries on-site. As the emergency responders take care of the injured people, the police will take statements from eyewitnesses and everyone involved and they will collect important evidence. The police will put together a report that they will use to know the cause of the accident and to know the person responsible for the accident.
Get To A Safe Location
It is easy to get into a secondary accident if the injured person is on the road. Getting into a secondary accident can lead to secondary injuries. This usually happens in heavy traffic areas such as urban roadways. If you get into an accident, we highly recommend you remain close to the scene. To lower the risk of collision, getting into a secondary accident, and to ensure safety, the people involved need to move to the side of the road.
Collect The Information Of Any Witnesses And The Driver
The police will collect the contact details of the people, who were involved in the accident, and the evidence. Also, the injured person should try to collect the insurance information and contact information of the drivers who caused the accident. If the person cannot collect this information due to serious injuries, then anyone at the scene can collect information. This is important because the injured person will use the information later.
Additionally, it is important to collect the details of the eyewitnesses. The police will collect them but do not rely on the police to collect them for you. The information might help you with your case. So, it is important to have this information. The accounts from the eyewitnesses will help support the evidence you provide and your testimony. They can also help to determine who caused the accident.
It is a bit challenging to take pictures, especially immediately after the accident. Fortunately, these days we have smartphones that have cameras. That is why it is easy to take photos or record a quick video of the scene of the accident. To keep a permanent record of what happened and to capture the severity of the incident, take pictures or record a video quickly. You will use the images and videos to show what happened. And the insurance company and courts will use these images and videos to come up with compensation, which you rightly deserve.
Is It Necessary To Hire A Queens Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
As a victim, we recommend you seek medical assistance after getting into a pedestrian accident. After getting medical assistance, it is necessary to seek legal advice from one of the reputable pedestrian accident lawyers in Queens. Your lawyer will help you seek compensation. If the lawyer finds the other driver caused the accident, you will qualify to ask and receive payment. A pedestrian lawyer tackles the legal aspect of the lawsuit. We can offer legal advice about settlements, assist with the accident report, file the claim, and represent the interest of the victim if the case goes to court.
If a driver gets into a pedestrian collision, they should call their insurance provider. Informing their insurance provider about the accident will help the insurance provider advise the driver accordingly based on the coverage of the driver. The driver should agree to work with the lawyer of the victim to avoid complicating the claim process for everyone involved.
If the parties involved in the accident are still at the scene of the accident, they should not discuss who is at fault. It is not wise to make apologies or speculative statements. The driver and pedestrian should exchange their contact information. It is wise to let their insurance providers and attorneys handle the rest.
Seeking quality legal advice after getting into a pedestrian accident in Queens? Call us at Cellino Law. We have reputable lawyers who have experience in New York traffic law.
How to Determine Liability in Pedestrian Accidents in New York
When it comes to pedestrian accidents, it is hard to know who is to blame because there are no clear lines that point to the person at fault. This is because there are so many things that can cause pedestrian accidents. To know the person who will pay for the compensation, you must determine the person at fault. This is the main reason why the driver and the victim will work hard to show that the other person is at fault. Unfortunately, extenuating circumstances can make things confusing, even if the liability may seem obvious.
How Can A Lawyer Help A Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Once the accident occurs, insurance companies will quickly talk to the involved parties to get full information about the accident. Also, they can pressure them to accept a settlement. Fortunately, if you seek our guidance and help at Cellino Law, we can help reduce your burden. Let our lawyers handle the legal aspects of things as you focus on healing. Do not let legalities, which you may not understand, stress you while you are recovering.
Seeking legal services in matters related to pedestrian accidents in Queens, NY? Then, consider our legal services. Why? We are good at what we do. And we will help handle the following things on your behalf:
We Deal With Insurance Carriers
Know that insurance companies are in business, so they want to make profits like any other business. This is the main reason they work hard to reduce claims. If possible, they will deny benefits. Therefore, they are quick to call you immediately after the accident. They want to talk you into agreeing to a settlement. And they might use something you said to reduce your compensation or discredit your claim.
It is hard to face insurance companies by yourself. To increase your chances of facing these companies successfully, seek legal services of an experienced and reputable Queens accident lawyer. If you hire us, here at Cellino Law, we will handle all the communications with the insurance company on your behalf.
Experience With Settlements & Trial
Many insurance companies have several years of experience with settlements and claim cases going to trial. And they know all the law firms that can easily convince their clients to accept a settlement and the ones that take these cases to trial. Here at Cellino Law, we can help maximize recovery by handling your case under the premise that the insurance company will be tried. Our team of legal professionals knows how to properly handle every accident case. So, our team knows how to come up with a winning strategy for all the accident cases we handle.
We will give you peace of mind. Our lawyers will always be there to answer any questions you may have. We will answer questions regarding issues such as:
- When should you file a claim
- The producers you need to follow
- How to handle settlement offers
- What are the accepted compensation amounts
- How to face the lawyer of the defendant and insurance company in court
Our personal injury lawyers will explain the steps you must take when you want to file a lawsuit and they will answer the questions you may have. We will help you come up with compensation based on your losses and injuries, and are also committed to representing your interests in court. We are confident that we can handle your pedestrian accident claim case and we can get you the maximum compensation. You can trust us on this because we have more than 100 years of handling cases in courtrooms.
We do thorough investigations. We gather essential information such as witness accounts and pictures. However, some cases might require more information, so we hire the top investigators to do the investigations and get more crucial evidence. We will not ask you to do the investigations. We want you to focus on healing and resting. Getting more rest will help you recover quickly from your injuries.
Help With Dispute Resolution
Sometimes, the case may not end up in court. Keeping the case from going to trial can save you time, money, and emotional energy. To solve the case amicably, effective mediation and arbitration are required. Therefore, our lawyers will figure out the best approach to take in your case and solve the matter amicably.
Get The Right Settlement
The insurance provider can make a settlement offer before or during the trial. However, accepting the offer means you will not get the maximum compensation that the court may award you. The good thing is that the offer guarantees that you will receive the money. However, there is no guarantee that you will get any money in court because things might not go in your favor.
You can either accept reject the settlement. But this depends on your priorities. You can trust us to help you make an informed decision. We will give you all the facts surrounding your case. We will tell you the chances of winning if your case goes to trial. Additionally, we will review the settlement offer. We want to make sure the money can cover your current and future losses and the damages that were caused by the pedestrian accident.
Navigate The Legal System
Some claim cases are subject to a statute of limitations that is mostly 2 to 3 years from the date the accident happened. These cases include personal injury cases. If you want to submit your case within 30 days from the date the accident occurred, you can file a ‘no-fault’ application. However, if you fail to meet this deadline, you forfeit the chances of claiming medical coverage, lost earning, and other losses.
Here at Cellino Law, we know these things affect the lives of everyone. Therefore, we will act quickly by filing the no-fault application immediately we get your call. That is why it is important to call our experienced attorneys immediately after the accident. We will start the process quickly, which will helps ensure the process goes smoothly.
To increase the chances of winning the claim case and get the maximum compensation, you must work with a reputable and experienced Queens car accident lawyer. Our pride is in our work. We will commit ourselves to your case to ensure you secure your future and you regain some normalcy in your life. We will make it easy for you to return to your old life after a bad accident.
Experienced Pedestrian Lawyers In Queens Will Help Find Out The Cause Of Your Injury
As a driver, we can help you avoid pedestrian collisions based on our several years of working on personal injury cases that are related to road accidents and based on statistics. If you are a driver, here is how you can avoid pedestrian collisions:
- When driving, be attentive on the roads
- Do not use your mobile phone when driving
- Act accordingly if the weather conditions reduce visibility
- When approaching a crosswalk, traffic lights, or a stop sign, slow down
- Make sure there is enough space between your car and the car in front you
- Do not overtake when at a crosswalk
- If you are feeling woozy or intoxicated, do not drive
- Stick to speed limits even if there are no vehicles or people within the vicinity
- If you are driving in areas where there are children such as school zones or play parks, slow down
- If you are exiting a driveway or backing up, pay attention
The Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Queens NY
The impact of the collision influences the type and severity of pedestrian injuries. The speed, at which the was moving, governs the impact during the accident. However, other factors can influence the type and severity of these injuries. For instance, the position of the impact, the position of the victim when the accident happened, the health of the victim, and many more. The injuries, which the victim sustains during the accident, will vary widely because there are so many factors at play.
Some of the pedestrian accident injuries are devastating that can lead to life-altering outcomes. Fortunately, some injuries are minor. However, it is important to seek medical assistance. Do not assume you are fine if have minor injuries. Because some minor injuries can lead to serious complications in a matter of days or weeks. Also, it is hard to notice some signs and symptoms suggesting there is an issue, which needs medical attention. They will show up a few days or weeks later. The following are the most common types of pedestrian accident injuries:
- Emotional trauma
- Soft tissue injury
- Limb amputations
- Fractures or broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck and spinal cord injury
Once you get into a pedestrian accident, we highly recommend you seek medical assistance. To document your injuries, take photos before receiving treatment. Do not forget that it is within your legal rights to seek compensation for your injuries, even if the injuries are minor. Call our pedestrian accident lawyers in Queens. We will work hard to get the compensation you deserve for the physical and emotional damages you suffered from the pedestrian accident.
Is There A Time Limit To Make A Queens Pedestrian Accident Claim?
To increases the chances of the court awarding you the maximum compensation, you must process your claim quickly. Therefore, you must collect enough evidence and file promptly. The days and weeks after the pedestrian accident are very important if you want to win your claim. The law requires that you file a pedestrian accident claim within 3 years after the date of the accident. However, the law requires you to file a ‘no-fault’ case within 30 days after the date of the accident.
Looking for A Queens Pedestrian Accident Attorneys? Contact Cellino Law Now!
Our lawyers take away the guesswork. You will work closely with a reputable and experienced Queens injury law firm. Here at Cellino Law, our team of aggressive legal representatives will work with you throughout the whole process. They will maximize the chances of getting the maximum compensation you deserve. Call us today at 888-888-8888. We will help you seek compensation for pedestrian accidents in Queens, NY on your behalf, which means you will never deal with the aggressive lawyers and insurance providers of the defendant.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.
- Cellino Law and more specifically my attorney, Gregory V. Pajak, Managing Attorney, and as a whole the Cellino Law Firm and its organization. This is by far one of the most professional law firms and attorney I have ever engaged with and retained in my 35 years. The level of professionalism goes beyond words, the care and constant engagement with me as the client was touching. I was never ever just treated as simply a CASE with potentially a significant dollar number attached to my file. I was engaged regularly, Tracey (Ass’t) and Greg always made sure to remain constant, as well as consistent in overseeing that my case was handled properly and that it did matter in many ways - ensuring that the end result(s) would be fair and reasonable to my case/injury. The regular follow-up calls were very satisfying, knowing that you’re involved in your case matters significantly AND always. One of my main items to recognize Cellino Law and Gregory is that whenever I called, I was able to get through to speak directly to my Lawyer and he would answer any if not all of my questions in a very professional and genuinely caring manner. I always felt cared for and protected legally and more importantly, I was made feel as a human being that was being cared for and always keeping me abreast of all matters connected to the case. There was never a point I felt let down, on the contrary -the level of service was “STELLAR”. Greg is the consummate professional, a ‘role model’, if you will, for what other attorneys should strive to become when dealing with their clients.
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.