Have you or someone close to you been involved in a car accident? You need to speak to a Queens car accident lawyer to get the compensation you deserve. You might be questioning whether the insurance company will handle car repairs, medical bills, or compensation for lost wages.
Well, at Cellino Law, we offer a free initial consultation for all our clients. You can get started on the process of getting compensation without paying anything. We are ready to answer any questions or address any concerns, regardless of how serious the accident was. As experienced car accident attorneys, we are here to give you advice.
We are the authority in personal injury and are ready to inform you about your rights as the victim of the car accident. We work tirelessly to make sure our clients receive maximum compensation from any vehicular accidents. We are here for you during this hard time.
Over the years that we have been in business, we have become reputable because of our knowledge, proficiency and success in this field. We are personal injury law firms in New York. If you or your loved one was recently involved in an accident, there is a huge chance that you are stressed.
We are here to take the burden of the stress and allow you to focus on your recovery as we handle your compensation case. Feel free to call us at any time of the day or week. Don’t worry about the charges because we will get paid when you win.
If you were recently involved in a car accident in Queens, talk to the professionals. We are ready to help you in getting your compensation, as soon as possible.
What Is The Process Of Reporting An Auto Accident In The State Of New York?
By law, drivers are mandated to inform the relevant authorities about a car accident, especially if it causes the death or injury of another individual. The driver at fault, or any of the other drivers involved in the accident, should report the case to the police immediately.
Some car accidents might result in property damage. Here, the driver at fault should report the accident to the police. Note that, drivers can make an accident damage report if the total amount of the damage costs above $1000.
Any drivers in New York who have been involved in car accidents have a maximum of 10 days after the accident to make a written report. Note that the law doesn’t make specifications about reporting accidents if the driver at fault was injured in the accident. Personal injury professionals advise drivers to file a report as possible.
What Are The Most Typical Reasons For Car Accidents
In New York, drivers receive compensation for personal injuries sustained after a car accident. However, to qualify for this compensation, a driver needs to file a report providing details of the vehicle accident. Some of the common reasons for car accidents include:
- Driving above the speed limit
- An unlawful U-turn
- Inclement weather
- Hazardous road conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or medication
- Failure to stop at a stop sign/light
- Mechanical or vehicle defect
- Following another vehicle too close
- Distracted driver
- Illegal lane change
- Texting or talking while driving
Drivers can cause car accidents because they were negligent while driving. When this happens, you need to call a Queens car accident lawyer for help. An experienced attorney will explain how your negligence contributed to the accident and the way forward.
Driving on the highways and roads in Queens, NY can be nerve-wracking. That’s because there are so many reported accidents in the area every year. Sometimes, drivers experience road rage and often become frustrated or impatient when driving.
Such emotions often lead to impulse decision making. As a result, the river will make bad decisions while on the road and cause accidents. There is also an increase on ‘stop and go’ signs on many Queens roads. It has also led to an increase in road accidents in the city.
Whenever you find yourself in a road accident, you should contact the Cellino Law Firm. You will talk to our professional and experienced attorneys highly trained in personal injury claims. We will evaluate your claim if you have been involved in a car accident in New York and advise accordingly.
What Common Types of Car Accidents Cause Injuries?
You might not know how car accidents can affect your life terribly. Some of the injuries you are likely to sustain from a car accident include:
- Hit and runs
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Damage to motorcycles
- Injured pedestrians
- Injuries to inexperienced young drivers
- Accidents in parking lots
- Damage to rental cars
- Truck accidents
As mentioned, if you are a driver in New York and have been involved in a vehicular accident, you qualify for compensation for your medical bills and any lost wages regardless of who caused the accident.
What Injuries Qualify for a Car Accident Claim?
By hiring personal injury attorneys, rest assured that we will do the best to help you get your rightful compensation. We understand the terrible injuries you have gone through or the pain and suffering resulting from the car accident and that’s why we do our job to the best of our ability.
In New York, the state law defines personal injury as:
- Permanent limitation in the use of a body part or organ
- Extreme physical disfigurement or loss of limb
- Extreme limitation in the use of a body function or system
- Permanent loss of an organ, body part, system or function
- Bone fracture
- A physical ailment affecting you for 3 months or longer after the accident
How Much Does A Queens Car Accident Attorney Cost?
When you hire Cellino Law Firm after your car accident in Queens, we will not charge you any fees upfront. We are here to help you win your personal injury case and get your compensation first. That’s why our legal services are affordable to anyone who has recently been in an accident.
We understand that victims have to pay a lot of medical expenses after a car accident. You will not be asked to pay for anything until we help you get the compensation that you deserve as a result of the car accident. Our payment model is contingency-based.
It means that we will cover our expenses while working on your case and nothing comes out of your pocket. Therefore, we will only get paid after you receive your rightful compensation. That’s why we worked hard to ensure that you receive your compensation.
Our contingency payment plan allows us to work on your case without any hassles. We are here to win the case for you so that we can also get paid. We will file the paperwork and handle the court costs out of our own pockets so you don’t have to worry about the expenses during the case. Once you receive your compensation, we will deduct the fees and expenses from the total amount.
Our contingency payment model is a good motivator for you to hire us for representation in your personal injury case. We review the merit of every case we choose to work on. It simply means that if there is a small percentage that we can actually win your case, we will not hesitate to take it.
Once you contact us, we will provide you with a no-risk consultation. That’s when everything begins. During the consultation, we will ask you a lot of questions so we can gain a better understanding of the accident. After the consultation, you can proceed to hire us to represent you for the case.
What Type Of Compensation Can I Get After Being In An Auto Accident?
Personal injury compensation for car accidents mostly includes payments for losses. It could either be economic or non-economic losses. In some cases, victims receive punitive damages because of the misconduct or negligence of the other driver.
Economic compensation is where the victim of the car accident receives a direct payment due to the loss incurred after the accident. These include:
- Vehicle or any other type of property damage
- Loss of income
- Current and estimated future medical expenses resulting from the accident
- Current and possible future loss of wages or the ability to earn a living
State Insurance Law New York (section 5102) states that personal injury victims can receive non-economic payments if they have suffered a serious injury. Therefore, you should receive compensation for your non-economic loss if:
- Lost a baby in utero
- Have a physical disfigurement as a result of the accident
- Bone fracture
- Loss of the function of a body organ or system
- Extreme limitation in the function or use of an organ or system in the body
- Loss of limb
Besides economic and non-economic losses, you can receive compensation for punitive damages if the negligent actions or misconduct of the defendant leads to a fatality. Punitive damages are multiplied a few times above the amount you would receive for compensatory damages.
Is There A Time Limit For Filing A Car Accident Claim In New York?
You should contact an auto accident lawyer near Queens immediately after an accident happens. The state law reiterates that these claims need to be filed within a timeframe for you to qualify for compensation.
Yes, there is a time limit on when you can file a claim for an auto accident. If you have been involved in a car accident, you should file a claim against the defendant within a week after the accident happens. Just like any other type of claim, auto accident claims have a statute of limitations.
As a victim you have 3 years after the exact date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the defendant. If the defendant is a government agency, you have 90 days to file a lawsuit. Otherwise, you will miss out on your rightful compensation. It’s prudent to contact an experienced and competent personal injury attorney immediately an accident happens.
The lawyer will ensure that the case remains in the guidelines of the statute of limitations. That way, your chances of winning the case will improve immensely. Always remember, personal injury cases, especially auto accidents can’t be resolved overnight. They are very complicated and often take a while before they can be resolved.
For instance, if you hire us for your personal injury case, we have to conduct several investigations. We have to look through the property damage as well as the medical bills. We also need to interview any witnesses to the accident. Meanwhile, we will consult with medical administrator so we can understand the scope of your injuries.
In some cases, we use professionals to replicate the scene of the accident so we can gain a better understanding of what happened. We also need time to apply for court orders allowing us to access some pieces of evidence such as phone records, receipts and any other relevant items.
How Do I Know If a Car Accident Claim Will Cover My Injury?
You are eligible for compensation even if you are the driver at fault. The compensation is awarded for loss of income and medical expenses. Whenever a car accident happens, you need to find a personal injury attorney with years of experience in handling auto accidents.
We are lawyers for your auto accident claims in Queens. At Cellino Law firm, we know the right strategies to use during trial to make sure you receive the highest amount of compensation for any injuries sustained. Call us now and we are ready to assist you after a car accident.
Car accidents often result in severe injuries that lead to multiple bone fractures, death, limitations with body functions, disfigurement and also permanent loss of a body organ or part. Severe injuries might also include physical impairment leading to a life-threatening condition.
That’s why you should call us immediately after you have been involved in a car accident in Queens. The faster you hire us after a car accident, you will increase your chances of getting compensation for your accident. That’s because we have more time to collect the evidence for the case and prove the defendant is guilty.
Is There Any Information You Should Collect After The Accident?
If you are able to do so physically, you should collect the following information at the scene of the accident:
- The type of car (year, model, make) and the license plate of every car involved in the accident.
- The name, address, insurance information, phone number, license number and registration information of every driver involved in the car accident.
- The location of the car accident.
- The name, the badge number, the police precinct, or the division of the responding officer.
What Should I Do If I Was Hurt In An Auto Accident And I Believe The Other Driver Is At Fault?
After being involved in a car accident, a lot of victims ask what to do if they believe the other driver is guilty of causing the accident. Well, if that’s the case, the first thing you need to do is to make a report at the nearest police station. Next, make sure you report the accident to your insurance company.
Keep in mind that New York has no-fault insurance law. It means that your insurance company will be liable for the expenses whether or not you are at fault with the car accident. Besides getting compensation from your insurance company, you are also allowed to seek compensation from the defendant’s insurer. It happens if the accident left you with permanent injuries, disfigurement, scarring, or has resulted in the loss of life of a loved one.
Once you hire our law firm, we will go ahead and file the lawsuit on your behalf. You increase the chances of getting your rightful compensation if you hire someone with legal knowledge and experience to represent you properly. If you decide not to hire a lawyer, you should expect the insurance company to offer the lowest possible compensation amount.
What If The Other Driver Left After The Accident Or They Don’t Have Insurance?
If you are involved in a hit and run accident, it’s tough to get all the necessary information. However, you can also receive compensation for the injuries sustained because of the accident. First, the insurance company will try to offer a low amount of compensation.
It’s advisable never to negotiate with an insurance company alone, especially if you don’t have any experience. At Cellino Law Firm, we are equipped with negotiation skills to help beat the insurance law firm. If you hire us, you can rest assured that you will receive fair compensation.
Will I Have To Go To Trial For A Car Accident Claim?
With most personal injury cases, attorneys prefer to settle them out of court. Here, we will reach a deal with the other side so you don’t need to file a lawsuit. However, if the insurance company rejects all fair claims, the case will go to court. When you hire us, we will take our time to review the case.
Once we are done, we will come up with a fair amount of compensation. We will negotiate a fair settlement with the defendant’s lawyers and it will not take long for the case to be dismissed. However, if we feel that the lawyers don’t want to settle, we will work hard to ensure that you receive fair compensation.
My Auto Accident Happened A While Ago But I Can No Longer Pay The Medical Expenses, Can I File A Claim?
As mentioned, there are statutes of limitation when filing a claim for compensation after being in a car accident and you need to keep those in mind. Whether you are the defendant or the plaintiff, you can’t claim anything once the statute passes.
If the circumstances are normal, you have 3 years from the date when the accident happened to file a claim for personal injury compensation. However, we insist that you need to hire an attorney immediately when the accident happens and avoid wasting precious time.
If you hire us, we need to go through a lot of interviews, checks and investigations so we are highly suited to win your case. It takes a while to go through everything and that’s why you shouldn’t waste a lot of time when hiring an attorney.
After The Accident, Should I Speak With The Other Driver?
Keep conversation brief with the other driver at the scene of the accident, regardless of who is at fault. Don’t speak to the other driver about the accident itself or the claim you are about to file, only exchange contact and insurance information.
Yes, you might feel guilty about the accident but don’t apologize. Always remember that apologizing is a sign that you have accepted that the accident was your fault. You should make sure that the other driver and the occupants in the vehicle, if any, are safe. However, don’t talk about any details of the accident, it can hurt your compensation claim.
Get A Free Consultation With A Queens Car Accident Lawyer! Contact Cellino Law Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident and it wasn’t your fault, you need to hire an auto accident lawyer to represent you. Call us now because we have a team ready to represent you. We offer a free initial consultation where we can learn more about your case by asking questions pertaining to the accident.
At the consultation, you are also allowed to ask questions and have certain authorities provide legal advice about your case. We will give you the space to talk about the accident without any fear. Call us now and make an appointment for the free consultation so we can get started on your case immediately.
Our team of experienced Queens personal injury lawyers is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. We are pitiful of what you have gone through, especially injuries and damage to your property so we are here to help. We are here to help so call us now and get a free consultation!
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- Cellino Law is an amazing firm with a great team. I worked with Greg Pajak and his assistant, Tracey Falconer. I cannot express enough how dedicated they are. The personal attention I received was excellent; they were always available to help with questions and concerns and put me at ease in the unknown territory I found myself in. I highly recommend them to anyone needing representation. A huge thank you to them for all they accomplished for me!
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.
- Cellino Law and more specifically my attorney, Gregory V. Pajak, Managing Attorney, and as a whole the Cellino Law Firm and its organization. This is by far one of the most professional law firms and attorney I have ever engaged with and retained in my 35 years. The level of professionalism goes beyond words, the care and constant engagement with me as the client was touching. I was never ever just treated as simply a CASE with potentially a significant dollar number attached to my file. I was engaged regularly, Tracey (Ass’t) and Greg always made sure to remain constant, as well as consistent in overseeing that my case was handled properly and that it did matter in many ways - ensuring that the end result(s) would be fair and reasonable to my case/injury. The regular follow-up calls were very satisfying, knowing that you’re involved in your case matters significantly AND always. One of my main items to recognize Cellino Law and Gregory is that whenever I called, I was able to get through to speak directly to my Lawyer and he would answer any if not all of my questions in a very professional and genuinely caring manner. I always felt cared for and protected legally and more importantly, I was made feel as a human being that was being cared for and always keeping me abreast of all matters connected to the case. There was never a point I felt let down, on the contrary -the level of service was “STELLAR”. Greg is the consummate professional, a ‘role model’, if you will, for what other attorneys should strive to become when dealing with their clients.