If you have suffered an illness, an injury, or a disability due to your job, you might be qualified for a workers’ compensation claim. As a worker in the US, you have certain rights and if you are injured while doing your job, you are entitled to workers compensation insurance benefits. An experienced Irondequoit workers compensation lawyer from Cellino Law can help you understand the long process of gathering the required information and filing the requisite forms to get the benefits you deserve.
If you are unable to return to work due to your illness or injury, our team of personal injury attorneys will work hard to help ensure that you get maximum benefits for permanent disability. Call experienced workers compensation lawyers at Cellino Law at (888) 888-8888 today for a completely free consultation.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured on the Job?
You do not automatically qualify for workers’ compensation benefits just because you have suffered an injury while working. You need to follow a certain process in order to increase your chances of a successful outcome at your workers’ compensation hearing. Here is what you should do when you get injured on the job:
Inform Your Employer
One of the first things you need to do when you are hurt while working is to inform your employer. If your injuries are severe, seek medical attention first but make sure you keep your employer informed. You should also tell your employer about your treatment and any new information given to you by the doctor.
All this communication needs to be documented. Fill out the incident report form in case you receive it. If you don’t receive a call or paperwork from the insurance adjuster within a few days after formally notifying your employer, something is not right. Keep following up with your supervisor and call Cellino Law to know more about your legal rights and the process to follow.
Get Medical Attention
You need to get medical attention as quickly as possible. It is also important to ensure that you follow your doctor’s instructions. Following the instructions is extremely important when it comes to the success of your claim. Keep in mind that you need to go to the specified doctor, clinic or hospital as told by your employer otherwise, the workers’ compensation might not cover your medical bills as well as other losses. If you want to go to your own doctor, you need to ensure that they have the approval to submit workers’ compensation claims.
Keep Written Records
You need to start keeping records of your injuries as well as your treatment. Everything needs to be completely documented in order to ensure the success of your workers’ compensation claim. All the information you get from your doctor should be neatly recorded. It would be of great use when negotiating with the workers’ compensation insurance company.
Take Photographs of the Injury
An important part of the documentation process is to take photos of your injuries if the injuries are visible. Take regular photos to show the progress of your healing or if the injury gets worse.
Contact a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
You and your family are going to have a lot of questions after the workplace accident. You might be wondering how you’re going to pay for the treatment and when you are unable to work, how you are going to meet your financial obligations. You might require extensive physical therapy or surgery. Also, a lot of paperwork needs to be filed in order to get workers’ compensation benefits. Many bona fide workers’ compensation claims are routinely rejected by insurance companies and employers due to workers not knowing about their rights.
Our workers’ compensation attorneys at Cellino Law have been handling workplace accident cases for decades and we know how the system works here. We will make sure that all your paperwork is in order when filing workers’ compensation claims. We can help you understand the complexity of the workers’ compensation system in Irondequoit and help you navigate the system to get the benefits you deserve.
Call us at (888) 888-8888 to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Rest and Recuperate
It is important that you recuperate fully before returning to the work. Follow the doctor’s instructions to ensure that you have fully recovered from your injuries and are able to work before returning to your job.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer For a Workers Compensation Claim?
The worker compensation lawyers at Cellino Law have been handling such cases for decades and our experience tells us that most employees are not aware of their legal rights and responsibilities. You’re not automatically going to get the desired benefits. You’ll also need to fill out a lot of paperwork and a lot of evidence needs to be collected and submitted in order to get your claim approved.
Insurance companies will try everything to delay or reject your claim. They are not working for you. They want to save as much money as possible and this is why you need an experienced attorney by your side to fight for your rights and help you recover the benefits you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Irondequoit Workers Compensation Lawyer?
You are not required to pay anything. Here at Cellino Law, we work on something known as contingency fee arrangement. In the state of New York, the workers’ compensation law judge decides the attorney fee. It will be deducted from the benefits you will receive once the attorney wins your case.
What Should I Do If My Workers Compensation Claim Is Denied?
Do not lose hope. There might be a number of reasons why your claim has been denied. It could be due to you not filing the claim in time or your employer disputing the claim or you failing to notify your employer of the injury within the required timeframe. You don’t need to give up once your initial claim has been denied. You should find the information for the next steps to be taken in the denial letter.
Worker compensation attorneys at Cellino Law have decades of experience in handling such cases. We will fight to protect your rights and help you navigate the procedural hurdles. Contact us immediately for a free consultation today to know the next steps you need to take after denial of your workers’ compensation claim.
Can I Be Fired for Claiming a Workers Compensation Claim?
No, you cannot be fired or discriminated against in any manner just for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
How Much Time do You Have to File a Workers Compensation Claim in Irondequoit?
Yes, there is a time limit. You need to file the claim within two years as per the statute of limitations. Call Cellino Law to know more about the statute of limitations and other deadlines you need to meet.
Can an Independent Contractor File a Workers Compensation Claim?
An independent contractor is not able to file workers’ compensation claims, though they may be eligible to file a personal injury claim depending on the events that caused the injury.
Review Your Work Injury Claim With Cellino Law
At Cellino Law, we provide a free and confidential initial consultation to review your case and to help you get answers to all your queries. Whether you have suffered an injury yesterday or your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, call Cellino Law today to know more about your legal rights and how our experienced worker compensation attorneys can help you recover what you deserve for your injuries. You do not pay anything unless we win your case. We will fight for your rights. We are here to help you and your family.
Call us today at (888) 888-8888 to schedule a free consultation.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- I am writing to let you know what an outstanding job George Gridelli did for me in my personal injury lawsuit. His professionalism and expertise were evident at our first metting and he and his paralegal Diane D'Andrea took care of me as if I was a friend and not merely a client. They both went above and beyond for me in so many ways that it would be too numerous to list and I am grateful to have had such an exemplary team represent me. When working with George and watching him in court he personified to me what a lawyer is supposed to be - an honest, extremely compentent man who helped guide me through the legal system. I could not have obtained better representation anywhere else at any price. To me that says a lot abut you and your firm's integrity. Thank you again for representing me and for having such stellar individuals working for you! I will continue to recommend your firm.
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- Thank you for all your help. It has been a long journey. At last, the light at the end of the tunnel. Also, thank Tom for the help and work he put in.