Slip and fall cases have their own different sets of challenges, and there isn’t a guarantee of any specific compensation benefits. While you might have substantial evidence supporting your claim, you will have to deal with many complications before getting fair compensation. Working with an experienced Harlem slip and fall lawyer not only gives you ample time to focus on your recovery but also gives you the best chances of receiving the full compensation you deserve.
We have a team of highly skilled and experienced injury lawyers in Harlem who are prepared to do whatever it takes to build a solid case for you. They will start by gathering strong evidence and incorporate testimonies from professionals and witnesses. They will then take this information and evidence to the property owners or insurance companies and initiate negotiations with them regarding your case.
By entering the negotiations stage with strong evidence at hand, you will have more leverage, and it will raise your chances of receiving maximum compensation. If the insurance company or property owner fails to give a satisfactory offer, then the case will be taken to trial, all in a bid to ensure that you receive what you deserve.
Steps To Take After Being Injured In A Slip And Fall Accident
Research has shown that more than a million people all over the United States visit the ER to get medical treatment for fall-related injuries. Same as with other accidents, there are many different types of injuries sustained. While some only sustain minor injuries such as cuts and bruises, others suffer more severe injuries such as concussions, fractured bones, spinal cord injury, and head injuries. In other cases, the injuries can be fatal. After being involved in a slip and fall accident, you are entitled to taking legal action. The following are the steps that you need to take:
- Seek Medical Treatment
- Report The Incident As Soon As Possible
- Do Not Talk About the Details Of The Accident
- Collect Witness Contact Details
- Document The Scene of the Accident (Videos and/or Photos)
- Contact an Attorney
Who Is At Fault For A Harlem Slip And Fall Accident?
Property owners and homeowners alike are required to keep their properties safe for visitors. A property owner could be held liable for any injuries and damages suffered by an individual following a fall accident if the said property owner failed to take the correct measures to maintain the safety of their property. How frequently the premises should be inspected is based on the reason the guests are visiting the property. For example, in case the guests are present on the property for business purposes, the owner has a responsibility to frequently inspect the property and make sure that there are no safety issues.
If your reason for being at the property is to simply visit a friend, then the homeowner isn’t required to inspect their home frequently for potential safety hazards. But they have a responsibility to notify visitors in advance in case there are any safety concerns within their property. A property owner can be held liable if it is established that they knew about the safety issues, and they were aware of the possible guest presence.
Besides homeowners and business owners, landlords and government agencies can also be held liable for injuries sustained. Thus, it is important to determine who is responsible for the accident. Under Harlem, NY, laws you can seek full compensation from the responsible parties. The seasoned lawyers at Cellino Law can assist with investigating the specific circumstances surrounding your accident, and they will help you to identify the individual who is responsible for the accident and to identify the actual cause of the accident.
How Is The Value Of A Slip And Fall Accident Calculated?
Each slip and fall case is different as the circumstances leading up to the accident are unique. How much a case is worth is dependent on the facts and circumstances surrounding the accident. But our professional team will help you to figure out an estimate of a fair settlement amount which will include the following factors:
- Punitive damages
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income in addition to lost expected future earnings as a result of the injuries sustained
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation based on the type and extent of personal injuries
An experienced attorney at Cellino Law will enable you to receive the maximum compensation that you deserve. If necessary, we will bring in the services of a life care planner and an economist so as to determine the dollar amount of the variables that may affect your compensation claim.
Common Slip And Fall Accident Injuries
As discussed earlier, a fall accident will often lead to injuries. In most cases, the injuries are minor; however, they can be very severe in other cases. As a matter of fact, there are people who’ve lost their lives due to these kinds of injuries. When it comes to the severity of an injury, this will depend on factors such as age, the setting, and the manner in which the fall occurred. Here are some common types of injuries from a slip and fall accident:
- Cuts and Bruises
- Fractured bones
- Brain Trauma
- Spine and Nerve Damage
- Sprained Wrists
- Shoulder Dislocation
Statute Of Limitations For Slip And Fall Injury Cases In New York
It is crucial that you contact a lawyer immediately after being in a fall accident. The last thing you need is to lose your right to compensation due to the Statute of Limitations. This is the law that stipulates the time-window within which a claim can be filed. The clock starts ticking on the date of the accident. If you fail to meet this deadline, then you risk losing your right to file a claim forever. The statute of limitations for slip and fall accident cases is three years.
It is worth noting that the statute of limitations is dependent on the type of case. If you are seeking compensation from a government agency, then you will need to file the claim within 90 days. Here, the statute of limitations is one year and 90 days.
Get in Touch With an Experienced Harlem Slip And Fall Lawyer
Our team of highly experienced and skilled personal injury attorneys at Cellino Law will strive to build a solid case supported by irrefutable evidence. We will gather compelling evidence and testimonies from professionals and witnesses before initiating negotiations on your behalf with the property owner or insurance company.
The evidence our Harlem injury firm collects combined with the testimony of witnesses will provide us with excellent leverage to guarantee an appealing settlement amount. In the event that the insurance firm or the property owner isn’t cooperative or fails to give an offer that is fair and favorable to your situation, then our exceptional lawyers will take the case to trial.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- Thank you for your help in settling the case of my father's accident. I could always count on you to answer my questions honestly and in terms I could understand. If all lawyers at Cellino Law are like you, I understand why they are an A-1 law firm.
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.