Slip and fall cases bring their own unique challenges. It is not easy to get fair competition in such cases even when there is overwhelming evidence to prove that the property owner owes you compensation for your injuries. You should take your time to completely recover from the injuries suffered due to the incident. It is also recommended to hire the services of an experienced Greenburgh slip and fall lawyer. You can significantly increase the chances of getting maximum compensation for your injuries by working with an experienced attorney.
Here at Cellino Law, our team of highly skilled Greenburgh personal injury attorneys will toil hard to gather all the required evidence for building a strong case in your favor. Our team will work with experts to collect strong evidence. We will also collect testimonies from witnesses and professionals. We will present this evidence to the property owners or insurance companies to negotiate a great deal for you.
If we have strong evidence to present before negotiations, it provides excellent leverage and maximizes the chances of getting the maximum compensation amount. If we do not get a satisfactory offer from the property owners or the insurance company, our lawyers will prepare to take the case to trial to help you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Steps to Take after Being Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident
More than a million people across the country need to visit ER for fall-related injuries. While some people get away with minor injuries such as cuts and bruises but others suffer serious injuries such as broken hips, concussions, head injuries, broken bones as well as damage to the spinal cord. There are cases where a fall turns fatal. It is your legal right to take action after the accident. Here is a list of the step of actions you should take after your accident in Greenburgh, NY:
- Immediately seek medical attention
- Report the accident to the authorities at the earliest
- You should never share incident details with anyone
- Try to get the contact information of witnesses
- Take photos and/or videos of the incident site
- Get in touch with an experienced attorney
Who Is Liable For A Slip and Fall Accident?
It is the responsibility of the homeowners and property owners to keep their property safe for guests and visitors. If corrective action isn’t taken by a property owner regarding any safety issues, it is possible that they are found liable for injuries sustained by an individual due to overlooked safety issues. As far as the frequency of inspection of the property is concerned, it depends on why guests were present on that property. For instance, if visitors were at a property for business purposes, it is the responsibility of the property owner to frequently inspect the property to ensure that there are no safety hazards.
If you are visiting a friend, it is not really their responsibility as the homeowner to frequently check their home for potential safety hazards. However, they should inform the guests in advance in case they are aware of any safety concerns in their home. A property owner could be held liable if they knew about the safety issues and the arrival of guests and did not inform the guests about the safety issues.
While homeowners and business owners can be held liable, the laws are also applicable to government agencies as well as landlords. Therefore, it is important to determine the individuals who are responsible for the accident causing injuries. In the state of New York, you have the legal right to get fair compensation for injuries from people who are responsible for the accident.
Our team of experienced lawyers at Cellino Law can help with the investigation to determine the circumstances leading to the accident. The investigations can also help in uncovering the individuals who are responsible for the accident as well as the root cause of the accident.
Value Of A Slip and Fall Accident
No two slip and fall cases are the same as circumstances are unique in each case. As far as the average value of such cases is concerned, it will depend on the circumstances and facts of the cases. However, our team of experienced lawyers will go over the details of the case with you in order to determine a fair settlement amount. The compensation heads typically include:
- Loss of earnings – current as well as future
- Medical expenses – current as well as future
- Punitive damages
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation as per the nature and extent of injuries
Here at Cellino Law, our team of experienced lawyers will work hard to help you win maximum compensation for your injuries. In such cases, our team of legal consultants might also utilize the services of a life care planner and an economist to determine the dollar amount of all the factors likely to have an effect on your compensation claim.
Common Injuries Slip And Fall Accidents Cause
As discussed in the above paragraphs, a slip and fall accident often results in injury. These injuries are minor in many cases but there are cases where injuries can be really serious. There have been cases where people have lost their lives. When it comes to determining the severity of the injury, a number of factors are taken into account including the environment, age as well as the manner in which the fall happened.
Here is a list of some of the common injuries caused by a slip and fall accidents:
- Brain trauma
- Broken bones
- Nerve and spine damage
- Cuts and bruises
- Damaged knees
- Muscle strain
- Sprained wrists or wrinkles
- Shoulder dislocation
Statute of Limitations For Slip and Fall Cases In New York
It is important for you to call an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your fall accident. There is a real danger of losing your right to fair compensation due to the statute of limitations. Simply put, the statute of limitations puts a time limit on making a claim. It begins right on the date of the accident. If you do not file a claim within the time period defined by the statute of limitations, you might forever lose the right to file for the claim. In slip and fall accident cases, the statute of limitations is defined as 3 years by the state of New York.
The statute of limitations also varies depending on the type of case. If you are suing a municipality or a government agency in such cases, you need to file a claim within 90 days of the date of the accident. Therefore, the time limit under the statute of limitations in such cases is one year and 90 days.
Call An Experienced Greenburgh Slip And Fall Lawyer Now
Here at Cellino Law our team of highly experienced and skilled personal injury attorneys will work hard to ensure that you have a strong case backed by irrefutable evidence. We will collect strong evidence combined with testimonies from witnesses and professionals before beginning negotiations on your behalf with the property owners or the insurance company.
The presence of strong evidence combined with testimonies provides us great leverage and it will help a lot in securing maximum settlement amounts. Rest assured that our team of attorneys is prepared to take the case to trial in case you are not satisfied with the offer made by the property owners or the insurance company. Call our Greenburgh injury firm today at 800-555-5555 to get your claim started.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- My experience during the time of negotiations was extremely positive. Josh Sandberg handled my lawsuit with the utmost integrity. He returned all my phone calls in a timely manner and answered all my questions. Josh made things less stressful. I would highly recommend Josh and the entire staff at Cellino Law.
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry
- I highly recommend Cellino Law to anyone involved in a car crash. I worked with Michael Lovecchio, and had a wonderful experience given the circumstances. He was very attentive, and got the best possible outcome I could have wanted.
- I really just wanted to say thank you so much for taking my case, answering all my questions, and mostly for being very patient with me. I feel that without you and Roza I would not have been able to get anything at all. I hope to never need a lawyer again, but if I do I will definitely want you both working for me. Again thank your for you hard work, time and patience.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support