According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 14% of injuries in collisions were due to driver distractions in 2020. Crashes involving distracted drivers are rising throughout the nation, including near Strong, Rochester, NY, because this busy area is where people access many important city services. The consistent traffic entering and leaving Strong Memorial Hospital-University of Rochester Medical Center means that drivers who aren’t paying attention put other motorists at serious risk.
If you are driving in the Strong neighborhood and are hurt by the negligent actions of a distracted driver, you need to talk with a Rochester accident attorney. If you are seriously injured, an experienced accident attorney from Cellino Law comes to you to talk about your situation and what to do next.
What Qualifies as Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving occurs whenever a driver fails to pay attention when operating a vehicle. Not all distracted driving instances result in crashes, so drivers often become overconfident about their abilities to multitask behind the wheel. While distracted driving is not a new issue, the more recent trends in mobile phone use have caused distraction-affected driving incidents to skyrocket. These are common types of distracted driving:
- Texting on a mobile phone
- Drinking, eating or grooming
- Looking at videos or apps on a mobile phone
- Programming navigation systems or adjusting climate controls
- Being lost in thought
- Looking at things occurring outside a vehicle
- Chatting with passengers
- Watching over children or pets
Texting while driving is such a serious problem that all but two states have banned text messaging while operating a vehicle. Rochester, NY, drivers are not allowed to text and drive, and an attorney will hold a driver accountable when you are endangered due to irresponsible actions.
When Do You Need an Attorney for a Distracted Driving Accident?
Seeking the help of an attorney after an accident is one of the most important steps you can take after getting medical care. Far too often, a distracted driving accident results in devastating injuries because a negligent driver has little time to react. We understand how easy it is for all drivers to get distracted sometimes. However, when someone puts your life and future at risk, you need a legal professional in your corner to protect your rights and work to get the compensation you deserve. It is essential to hire an attorney when you are injured in a distracted driving collision near Strong, Rochester, NY. These are reasons to do so:
Provides an Objective Review
When you’ve been hurt in an accident, emotions run high. It isn’t easy to look at your situation neutrally. An attorney examines facts impartially to understand exactly how an accident occurred. By law, your case must meet specific objective criteria to reach the legal threshold for a personal injury case. It is essential to prove the actions of a driver near Strong were the direct cause of your injuries to seek compensatory damages. An attorney assesses the available evidence and tells you if your case has merit. A valid claim is substantive and proves you were deprived of a legal right.
Works With Insurance Companies
Most individuals do not want to deal with insurance companies after an accident. Unfortunately, insurer calls begin immediately in a relentless effort to get you to take a quick settlement. It is best not to talk with representatives and risk saying the wrong thing. Information you share, even under stress while healing from injuries, can be used to refute your claim.
Insurance companies do everything they can to avoid paying a distracted driving claim or significantly reducing the damages. When you hire a Rochester attorney, the calls to you stop because we handle all communications to protect you. We know how to negotiate with insurers to reach a settlement, but we take the case to court when they don’t deal fairly.
Handles Your Case Development
Developing a personal injury case is often a painstaking process and requires strict attention to detail. An attorney initially assesses your case, looking for all the large and small details that support your claim. It is essential to evaluate all the evidence related to an accident scene when distracted driving occurs, and, potentially, call in outside experts to reconstruct how an accident unfolded or provide a crucial perspective. We won’t hesitate to bring in the top minds from related fields to add factual value to your case.
Determines What Your Case Is Worth
Valuing your case is one of the most vital services a personal injury attorney provides clients after a distracted driving crash. While economic damages are mostly straightforward monetary losses, non-economic damages are far more complex calculations considering losses due to pain, suffering, and emotional trauma. There are a significant number of factors that go into determining a fair case value for non-monetary damages. Each personal injury case is different, and an experienced attorney knows how to calculate a correct case value to ensure a valid settlement value.
Keeps Your Case Moving Forward
An accident injury case can stall or get bogged down in legal motions without your attorney consistently pushing the case forward. Whether in pre-trial negotiations or a courtroom, you need a determined lawyer to keep your suit active. We don’t let our attention get diverted from your case because you matter to us.
Get the Right Attorney for Your Distracted Driving Case Near Strong, Rochester, NY
The statistics are sobering. The NHTSA reports that 350,000 people drive distracted during daylight hours every day in the U.S. All drivers in the Strong neighborhood have a duty to protect other drivers when they get behind the wheel by observing local traffic safety regulations and state laws that ban texting while driving.
At Cellino Law, we know the law and use it to the fullest extent to protect your interests after an accident. Finding the right attorney to get to the bottom of liability issues in accidents and hold people accountable is necessary. We start the process with a free case review, so you know where you stand. We don’t require upfront fees, and you don’t pay unless you win. With 24/7 availability, you can contact us at any time of day.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- It was a great pleasure working with you on my lawsuit. You certainly gave 150% of your time and interest in settling my case and for that, I am extremely grateful. Therefore, I want to thank you very much for helping me win my settlement and wish you the very best.
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- Tim Cellino handled my case beautifully. He is very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He kept in touch with me through out my ordeal. Tim also got a settlement for more than I expected. I highly recommend Tim Cellino!
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.