A motorcycle rider was killed after crashing into a highway maintenance vehicle’s crash cushion. The crash on Major Deegan Expressway happened on Tuesday morning, March 9.
Fifty-eight-year-old Gregory Holmes from White Plains was riding in the middle lane of the northbound expressway between the 233rd St. and McClain Ave. exits. The driver then changed lanes to pass traffic just before 10 a.m. when he hit the construction vehicle that was stopped in the left lane.
Holmes suffered head and chest trauma in the crash on Major Deegan Expressway and the medics took him to Montefiore Medical Center North, but the doctors weren’t able to save him.
Motorcyclist riders are exposed to a high risk of fatal injuries because they aren’t protected anyhow. Even the helmet isn’t a guarantee that the rider would survive the injuries.
The impact in such collisions may not even be too strong, but that these people are often thrown onto a solid surface, which often ends with fractures and head injuries.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, and you weren’t responsible for the crash, make sure to get help from a motorcycle accident attorney. Your piled medical bills lost wages, and other accident-related expenses could make you even more stressed. Filing for a compensation claim should be done with the help of an attorney. The insurance company will try to offer a low offer or deny it completely. This is when your lawyer will start negotiating till the insurers offer you a suitable claim.
In case you have lost a loved one in such an accident, you’ll still need an attorney. If the investigation shows that the other party was at fault, you could seek a claim from their insurance company. This settlement will help you cover the medical bills, but also will help you move on with your life.
Cellino Law New York car accident attorneys are here to answer all your questions.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I just want to let you know that I did receive my settlement check. More importantly, I want to thank you again for all you did for both me and my family. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Cellino Law. From the moment I first spoke with you I felt comfortable - you took a sincere interest in my case, clearly explained the process and effected a quick settlement. From this day forward, when someone asks if I can recommend a good lawyer I will, without hesitation, say "Cellino Law". Thanks again.
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe
- Tim Cellino handled my case beautifully. He is very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He kept in touch with me through out my ordeal. Tim also got a settlement for more than I expected. I highly recommend Tim Cellino!
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.