Everyone has probably heard that aircraft, including commercial carriers and charter planes, are safer than automobiles. According to IATA’s 2020 Safety Report, the risk of an air travel fatality is only 0.13 percent. In other words, it is statistically unlikely that you would experience an accident with at least one fatality unless you flew every single day for 461 years.
Despite those facts, most aviation accidents are the stuff of nightmares for Melville residents who experience them. A helicopter accident or plane crash often results in death or catastrophic injuries. If an aviation accident has affected your family, civil litigation could be your only hope of justice.
Cellino Law has served New York airplane accident victims for more than 60 years. Call (800) 555-5555 for a free case evaluation to learn what protections personal injury law guarantees for you. Our phone lines are open 24/7, and there is no cost or obligation to learn your legal options.
How Aviation Accidents Happen
Determining the cause of an aviation accident is neither simple nor straightforward. Aviation experts have identified various potential causes of crashes.
Pilot decisions on the ground and in the sky affect the outcome of the flight. Proper training is essential. For instance, pilots must use flight equipment, respond to weather conditions and maintenance issues, and take off and land safely.
When pilots make bad judgment calls, they endanger the lives of their passengers and crew members. At other times, pilots work while they are too tired or under the influence of alcohol. Their reckless behavior puts innocent people at risk of serious injury in either case.
Air traffic control mistakes
An air traffic controller can see for miles from the 320-foot tower at JFK International Airport. From similar route centers around the world, air traffic controllers monitor and direct air and ground traffic near airports. At the same time, they share important information like weather conditions and runway closures with pilots and other traffic control centers.
Air traffic controllers often work exhausting rotating shifts, often in semi-dark rooms. Since they usually monitor more than one aircraft at a time, concentration is a crucial component of this job. With such a high-stress working environment, controllers can’t let their guard down since one moment of negligence could end in a disastrous aviation accident.
Engineers and designers are continually refining airplanes to improve their speed and efficiency. Yet, they can’t ignore safety. When planes are not resistant to the stress of takeoff, landing, strong wind, or other predictable variables of air travel, this could be a result of faulty engineering.
Planes are made up of hundreds of parts that serve different purposes. One defective part or improperly assembled piece could cause a big problem. Aviation accident lawyers can make sure that negligent manufacturers are held liable when their products cause injuries.
Just like a car, planes must undergo routine inspections and maintenance. An aviation accident could occur if a technician fails to report or repair an issue. In other instances, airlines might intentionally cut corners due to time or budget constraints.
Sabotage refers to a deliberate attempt to destroy or damage. Security at airports increased after the 9-11 attacks, so similar events are less common today.
Potentially dangerous weather conditions include:
- High winds
Pilots and air traffic controllers are trained to handle sudden inclement weather, but bad weather can be predicted most of the time. If an aviation accident occurs because someone ignored potentially hazardous conditions, victims could qualify for financial compensation.
How Aviation Litigation Works in New York
After an aviation accident, the first priority of potentially liable parties is usually damage control. If their main concern is avoiding financial strain, they will turn to corporate advisors and insurance companies for support. They will seek to protect their best interests, even if that means you don’t get the compensation you deserve.
Meanwhile, if you suffered personal injuries, your primary concern is likely recovery. Or, if you lost a family member in a fatal aviation accident, dealing with grief might take all the strength you have.
At Cellino Law, we feel strongly that victims should not have to suffer on their own. Our personal injury lawyers take legal actions to ensure liable parties compensate for the damage they caused.
In many cases, insurance providers prefer to cooperate with personal injury lawyers. They might offer a settlement, and your attorney can help you decide if it is fair. In other cases, our diligent personal injury law team will resolve matters in a New York court.
How much compensation do you qualify for, and how can you obtain it? To get answers to your questions, get in touch with us by leaving a message with our convenient contact form.
What Compensation Might an Aviation Accident Victim Receive?
Cellino Law has won over $2 billion in compensation for personal injury and wrongful death claims. We owe our success to the resources and experience we have built up over the decades. On your behalf, we can bring these strengths to the table to get you fair compensation for your pain and suffering.
Visit one of our convenient NY offices or call toll-free number, (800) 555-5555, to learn if you are eligible for the following types of compensation.
Medical treatment can save your life, but it can deplete your savings quickly. Even if your insurance company covers some of the cost, you could face substantial debt for years after an aviation accident.
In the United States, aviation accident victims can file legal liability claims if another party caused their injuries. Our aircraft accident lawyers can seek reimbursement for qualifying healthcare expenses, such as:
- Emergency attention
- Medical transportation
- Aftercare and rehabilitation
- Adaptive medical devices
Though the at-fault party’s insurance company should pay, it is not always easy to get fair treatment. A personal injury lawyer who knows what your claim is worth can help you to maximize your compensation for your medical expenses.
If a close family member died in an aviation accident, you could qualify for wrongful death compensation. New Yorkers can seek restitution for both physical and emotional losses:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income or inheritance
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pain and suffering
- Damages for the loss of love, support, and companionship
Cellino Law offers free case reviews for surviving family members of aviation accidents. Our compassionate representatives understand that you are hurting, and we want to do what we can to advise you. Call us any time at (800) 555-5555 to schedule a consultation in Melville or another convenient New York location.
How Does the Statute of Limitations Affect NY Aviation Accidents?
When someone is injured in an aviation accident, he or she has the right to take civil actions to pursue financial compensation. However, these privileges only last for a certain amount of time. In New York, this deadline is called the statute of limitations.
How long you have to file depends on the details of your individual case. Our law firm encourages victims to get in touch with a lawyer right away. First, the statute of limitations starts as soon as the accident happens or the injuries are discovered.
Secondly, experienced attorneys know what steps to take to protect your rights. The sooner after an accident you contact us, the sooner we can begin the process to secure your compensation.
Contact Award-Winning Aviation Accident Lawyers Today
Claiming damages for aviation accidents is a complex process that involves more than filling out paperwork. A successful claim presents evidence that negligence occurred and demands maximum compensation from liable parties.
Personal injury lawyers work fast to investigate an accident to meet these requirements. They gather documentation and evidence to support the case, and they handle communication with insurance companies and other interested parties.
Our lawyers have the resources and know-how to accomplish all of the above while meeting deadlines such as the New York statute of limitations and other time limits which may be imposed by insurance companies.
Managing legal concerns as you recover from the devastation of an accident is a burden you should not have to bear. Our capable law team is here to assist you in Melville and throughout the State of New York.
Get help from our trustworthy lawyers who are dedicated to getting the best outcome for you. Call Cellino Law at (800) 555-5555 to learn how to get high-quality, professional legal representation today.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- Tim Cellino handled my case beautifully. He is very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He kept in touch with me through out my ordeal. Tim also got a settlement for more than I expected. I highly recommend Tim Cellino!
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.
- Thank you for your help in settling the case of my father's accident. I could always count on you to answer my questions honestly and in terms I could understand. If all lawyers at Cellino Law are like you, I understand why they are an A-1 law firm.
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.