Heavy equipment and machinery are essential instruments in construction, manufacturing, warehouses, and other industries in New York State. Of course, these machines do not operate and care for themselves. Thus, the operators and workers supporting them are equally essential. When these workers get injured on the job, they must receive the financial and legal assistance they deserve.
The US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has determined that construction accidents related to heavy equipment and machinery are a primary cause of both serious and fatal injuries to workers. Have you or a loved one been hurt in a machinery accident in New York? Construction accidents involving this type of equipment can result in severe physical injuries and weighty financial burdens.
The New York personal injury lawyers at Cellino Law empathize with the tremendous pressure and stress you are under after suffering a construction-related accident. We appreciate the hard work you have done for your family and our community. Our New York construction accident lawyers want to provide you with representation that can benefit you. Above all, we want to see you recover financially and receive the restitution entitled to you.
You can contact our experienced team of New York construction accident lawyers 24/7. Contact us at 800-555-5555 for a free case evaluation. Let us give you trustworthy counsel that can help you attain the compensation you deserve.
What Machinery May Be Involved in a New York Machinery Accident?
Many workers in New York City work in the presence of heavy equipment each day. The potential for a heavy equipment accident is high. The degree of injury from a small mistake can be magnified when involving a large piece of machinery.
Have you been working near or with heavy machinery? A heavy equipment accident can involve one of the following:
- Cable plows
- American Augers
- Logging equipment
- Haul trucks
- Cement mixers
- Road graders
- Scissor lifts
- Dump trucks
The type of injury you experience in a heavy equipment accident can vary based on the type of machinery used and the severity of the accident. For example, an accident can take place during the construction or demolition of buildings, or while lifting, transporting, or installing materials. Whatever caused your injury from one of these heavy equipment machines, the personal injury attorneys of Cellino Law consider these accidents to be serious.
What Are Common Heavy Equipment Accidents?
A large excavator can weigh more than 90,000 lbs – the weight of about 20 elephants. It can be assumed that all accidents involving heavy machinery are caused by either faulty machinery or human error – which can include negligence, improper use, or failure to inspect the machine prior to use.
These heavy machines vary in size and shape. When they are mishandled or maneuvered improperly, they can be a grave threat to the workers using them and anyone else nearby.
Among the most prevalent types of accidents related to this type of equipment are the following:
- Backing up
- Crashing into a stationary object
- Collision into another piece of equipment
- Equipment entanglement
- Failing to check blind spots by an operator
- Falling objects and loads from forklifts and other equipment
- Becoming caught or entangled and dragged along
- Getting hit, trapped, or crushed by moving or rolling over equipment
- Getting pinned by heavy machinery between it and another machine or stationary object
- Falling while entering or exiting a piece of machinery
- Getting hit by a part of the machinery
- Getting hurt in a collapsing structure caused by the heavy machinery
- Slipping or falling into a part of the machinery that is not guarded
A heavy equipment accident can occur for many reasons. Mentioned above are only some of the more common incidents. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can share with you the crucial legal advice you need in New York.
We can help you identify who is responsible and accountable for your personal injury. Our practice areas include getting construction workers’ compensation after their safety is compromised while on the job.
What Can Cause Heavy Equipment Accidents?
As mentioned before, a construction accident and injury often stem from the machine’s designers or operators. At times, the individuals using heavy construction machines are tired, unqualified, or inexperienced. These limitations can result in actions that cause serious injuries and, worse yet, loss of life.
Below are among the more common errors resulting in serious injuries by those who work with heavy machinery in New York:
- Inadequate training
- Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Heavy equipment not properly stored after use
- Exceeding the maximum load capacity for the equipment
- Lack of proper and timely maintenance
- Equipment not parked on level ground
- Use of cranes or similar heavy equipment in strong wind conditions
- Operators not adequately checking blind spots and position of surrounding workers
These reasons for a construction accident can create complicated legal issues. Nonetheless, construction workers require workers’ compensation after machinery accidents. It is imperative to have an experienced attorney on your side who understands the regulations for your job and how these relate to New York State law.
With over 60 years of experience in workers’ compensation and construction-related accidents, the accident lawyers at Cellino Law can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
What Injuries Are Caused by Heavy Equipment Accidents?
Statistics concerning accidents and injuries from heavy equipment are recorded by the US Bureau of Labor. The numbers are staggering, and they represent everything from falls to being caught in or between equipment. Consequently, it is of utmost importance for employers to provide proper training and for employees to be vigilant as they operate these necessary but dangerous machines.
The injuries inflicted in a construction accident can depend considerably on the type of machinery being used on the construction site. Listed below are among the most common injuries in New York a heavy machinery accident can cause:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Crushed hands, fingers, or limbs
- Electrical burns
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Organ damage
- Permanent nerve damage
- Wrongful death
These are not all the possible injuries for which an injured worker can seek compensation. If you have sustained any injury from a workplace accident involving machinery or a truck accident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Cellino Law. We will be able to help you in determining if a claim can be filed during our free case evaluation.
What Types of Compensation Are Available After New York Construction Accidents?
Following these traumatic physical injuries, the victims of machinery accidents will endure further stresses. If you are one of this group, you may be facing overwhelming medical bills, perhaps in combination with lost wages. As a result, these medical bills can cause mental and emotional anxiety on top of your physical pain.
What can help alleviate some of this overwhelming pressure? Knowing that your financial interests can be protected and that you can receive restitution for your traumatic situation. Cellino Law can make a difference in obtaining the compensation you require and deserve in New York.
Some of the types of compensation our law firm can help you recover are:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Treatment from specialists
- Necessary medication and medical devices
- Lost income
- Lost future wages
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of limb
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
Our New York machinery accident lawyers are ready and able to help you receive compensation for the injuries mentioned above. Client testimonials from our decades of successful claims and lawsuits can prove this to you.
As a result of our experience, we have an in-depth understanding of workers’ compensation and compensation benefits. You can trust that knowledge and hard-fought experience will help you to get the most compensation available to you.
Can New York Labor Laws Help?
New York laws exist to protect a worker at his or her workplace. The attorneys at Cellino Law are well-versed in New York State workplace labor laws and can help in cases where a worker has been injured on the job.
If a machine has injured you at the workplace, you’ll need a lawyer who can help expose who is responsible for a claim related to labor law – and at no cost out-of-pocket to you. Contact us to find out more.
A New York Machinery Accident Lawyer Can Make the Right Impact on Your Life
The New York lawyers with Cellino Law sympathize with the victims of machinery accidents. As lawyers, our goal is to help alleviate your stress in relation to your accident and ensure you receive proper financial compensation for your pain and suffering.
A significant source of strain is the worry connected to the cost of legal fees. Consequently, our initial consultation is free, and we don’t get paid unless we recover for you. While you concentrate on your physical recovery, we can pursue the compensation you require.
Call us at 800-555-5555 for a free consultation. With an attorney from our team on your side, you have the backing of legal professionals who have the knowledge and experience to make the legal system work for you.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.
- I really appreciated your determination and efforts on handling my case. You have done an outstanding job, and I am very satisfied with the outcome of the settlement. Thank you so so much John.
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry