Every slip and fall case presents unique challenges. Despite gathering and presenting clear evidence that the property owner should compensate you, you will have to get past several barriers to receive your compensation. It is recommended that you take the time to recover fully from the accident. It is for this reason that you should consider working with a proficient and seasoned Islip slip and fall lawyer. Hiring lawyer boosts your chances of getting the full compensation owed.
Our team of skillful Islip personal injury lawyers will strive to gather useful evidence to build a water-tight slip and fall case. Once we take up your case, we start by gathering indisputable evidence coupled with testimony from witnesses and reports from professionals. We will present this evidence to the property owner and insurance company and start to negotiate your case. Gathering valid and irrefutable evidence before negotiating your case makes it almost certain that you will receive the maximum settlement amount possible. If the property owner or insurance company offers an unsatisfactory amount in compensation, we will be more than willing to take the case to trial and represent you for you to get your deserved compensation.
What Should I do After Being Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Research indicates that over a million people in the USA go into the emergency room to receive medical attention for the injuries suffered in slip and fall accidents. In these accidents, some victims suffer minimal injuries like cuts and bruises, while others suffer serious injuries such as traumatic head injuries, broken hip bone, spine and back injury, and even concussions. Some of these injuries could be disastrous. For these accidents, you may qualify to take legal action against a property owner. Here are some of the most important steps and actions you should take after a slip and fall accident:
- Get the necessary medical care
- Report the accident immediately
- Don’t give out the details of the accident
- Get the valid contact information of the witnesses
- Keep the photos and videos of the scene and accident
- Contact a lawyer
Who can be Held Liable for Slip and Fall Accidents in New York?
Property owners and homeowners are tasked with the responsibility of keeping their properties safe for guests. If the property owner overlooks any safety issues on their property, they can be held responsible for an individual’s injuries following a slip and fall accident. The owner may be required to inspect the property frequently, depending on the guests’ reason for visiting. For example, if guests visit the property for business reasons, the property owner should ensure that it is properly inspected to note and correct any issues that could pose a hazard to the visitors.
In the case of a friendly visit, the property owner may be spared the frequent checks and inspections of their home for any potential hazards. However, they still have the responsibility of informing their guests beforehand about any safety concerns or risks they know of before the guests’ visit. A property owner can be held responsible for a slip and fall accident for failing to the guests of a hazard they were aware of before the guests’ visit.
Besides homeowners and business owners, government agencies and landlords can also be held responsible for the injuries suffered by an individual. In slip and fall cases, it is crucial to establish the parties liable for the injuries. At Cellino Law, we have a team of skilled and experienced lawyers that can help investigate the events leading to your accident. They also help the victim identify the party responsible for their accident and injuries and establish the root of the accident.
How is the Value of a Slip and Fall Accident Determined?
As previously mentioned, every slip and fall case is surrounded by unique circumstances. These circumstances, and other facts about the accidents, play a huge role in determining the average value of the case. Our team of skilled slip and fall lawyers can help you come up with an estimate of the compensation amount. Some of the factors that determine the value of a slip and fall claim include:
- Loss of wages and future earnings due to the injuries sustained
- Current and future medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Compensation based on the type and degree of personal injuries
Our team of well-trained and experienced slip and fall attorneys will help you receive your much-deserved compensation. When necessary, we involve an economist and life care planner to point out the various factors that may affect your compensation claim.
Common Injuries Resulting From Slip and Fall Accidents
Most slip and fall accidents lead to injuries. As earlier mentioned, the injuries suffered in these accidents can be minor, while some could be major. In truth, some people have lost their lives following slip and fall accidents. There are a couple of factors that determine the severity of the injuries, including age, the surroundings, and how the individual fell. Some common injuries that arise from slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Bruises and cuts
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spine, back, and nerve damage
- Shoulder dislocation
- Muscle strain
- Damaged knee
- Ankle and wrist sprains
Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall Injury Cases in Islip
You should contact a lawyer once a slip and fall accident occurs. It would be unfortunate for you to lose your deserved compensation by not observing the statute of limitations. Statute of limitations can be defined as the time limit within which you can file a claim. If an individual fails to file their claim within this time, the chance to file can be lost, and any claim filed after this time is rendered invalid. The statute of limitations for slip and fall cases in Islip, NY, is three years.
It is also important to note that the statute of limitations may differ according to the type of case. For example, any claims made against a government agency or municipality needs to be filed within 90 days from the day the accident occurred. For such cases, the statute of limitations is limited to a year and 90 days.
Contact an Experienced Islip Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
Our team of skillful personal injury attorneys at Cellino Law in Islip, NY, will strive to come up with a water-tight case supported by indisputable evidence. The lawyers at our personal injury firm will gather substantial evidence and statements from witnesses and professionals before we can start the negotiations with the property owner or insurance company on your behalf. Such evidence, coupled with testimonies, will give us the bargaining power to get a good settlement amount for you. In case the offer presented by the property owner or the insurance company doesn’t please you, our professional attorneys will be willing to represent you once the case goes to trial. Call our Islip injury firm today at 888-888-8888 to get your claim started.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- I really appreciated your determination and efforts on handling my case. You have done an outstanding job, and I am very satisfied with the outcome of the settlement. Thank you so so much John.
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.
- I just want to let you know that I did receive my settlement check. More importantly, I want to thank you again for all you did for both me and my family. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Cellino Law. From the moment I first spoke with you I felt comfortable - you took a sincere interest in my case, clearly explained the process and effected a quick settlement. From this day forward, when someone asks if I can recommend a good lawyer I will, without hesitation, say "Cellino Law". Thanks again.
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe
- I really just wanted to say thank you so much for taking my case, answering all my questions, and mostly for being very patient with me. I feel that without you and Roza I would not have been able to get anything at all. I hope to never need a lawyer again, but if I do I will definitely want you both working for me. Again thank your for you hard work, time and patience.