It is very important after a car crash to meet with a Hempstead car accident lawyer. can eventually obtain fair compensation for damages that were imposed upon you. Cellino Law offers a free consultation where our attorneys will evaluate your situation and can start pursuing compensation for you. Regardless of the scope of your accident, we will always give you the right legal advice for any questions that you may have.
Our Hempstead personal injury lawyers are fully trained to provide anyone with a proper defense, especially those that are car accident victims that need to have their rights protected. We will make sure that you will receive the maximum compensation possible and will back you up until we succeed.
How People Can Report Car Accidents In New York
There is a law in New York that requires drivers involved in a motor vehicle accident to report what has happened, particularly when involved in an accident where people were injured or died in the car wreck. If an individual was responsible for the accident, they should be the very first ones to report what has happened. Although some people may have good intentions, you shouldn’t rely on people to do what is right, so you must report the accident as well.
If there was property damage caused in an accident, the driver who was at fault should report the damage, even if the other driver involved was not present. However, if the damages are estimated to be under $1000, an accident damage report may not be necessary.
Once you have been in an accident, you have a total of 10 days to make this report, specifically in the form of a written statement. There are certain circumstances, usually because of the accident, where the driver cannot make the report, but there are no stipulations as to when they should make it if they are unable to right now. It is beneficial for these reports to be made so that exceptional lawyers can pursue damages for the injured party.
What Information Should Be Recorded After A Car Accident?
Information should be collected at the scene of the accidents of possible, primarily because you can use this info at a later time:
- The specific location where the accident occurred
- The names, precinct, and badge numbers of the police officers that were dispatched to the incident
- The year, make, model, registration, and the license number of each and every vehicle that was present at the accident
- The driver’s license number, residential address, contact information, insurance information, and the name of all of the drivers that were at the accident as well.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Car Accident Attorney?
There are circumstances where expenses, such as medical expenses, can be reimbursed or obtained, and this is why you should contact Cellino Law Firm to help you with this personal injury case. We do not charge any type of upfront cost which allows anyone to take advantage of our services. Our payment is taken as a percentage of your settlement.
Our ability to work on a contingency basis, covering all of our initial costs, is possible because we rely upon the compensation we will win for you. By using this contingency fee model, this is advantageous as we will need to win in order to be paid. Our attorneys evaluate each case very carefully, enhancing the possibility that a successful outcome will be waiting for you.
What Type Of Compensation Can You Receive For A Car Accident?
Personal injury claims can be filed and will be focused on losses that were experienced. These can be financial losses or even non-economic losses. It is possible to pursue punitive damages that may be available if misconduct and negligence were shown to be the reason the other driver caused the accident.
Economic claims and financial claims will allow us to become reimbursed later for losses that will have happened because of the auto accident such as:
- A large loss of income
- Significant damage to property or the vehicle that was driven
- Medical expenses and medical costs that must be recovered now and for future treatments
- The inability to earn a living wage now and in the future
It is likely that non-economic losses will only be awarded to cases where the State Insurance Law section 5102 states that serious injuries happened. These serious injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Loss of a baby in utero
- Loss of a limb
- Severely limited functioning of a bodily system or organ
- A physical disfigurement
Suing for punitive damages can be added to the personal injury lawsuit in some cases. This may include non-economic and economic damages, and these are typically the results of determining the misconduct and negligence of the driver that was at fault. This type of compensation is calculated on the basis of the compensation that was awarded through multiplication.
Statute Of Limitations For Auto Accidents In New York
There are certain forms of compensation claims that must be filed by a certain date after a car accident. It is so important to work with an attorney in Hempstead, NY, that can file the paperwork right after the accident
Within a week, specifically after the exact date of the car accident, filing claims for damages must happen. The statute of limitations is simply a deadline that is created by law and must be adhered to if you want to receive compensation.
Car accidents that are to be filed by the victim must be done three years after the accident occurred per the statute of limitations. The claim, if it is up against a government agency, these must be filed within 90 days against the plaintiff or victim.
Get A Free Consultation With A Hempstead Car Accident Lawyer At Cellino Law
If your objective is to obtain your compensation as soon as possible, it is critical that you get started right away. Our Hempstead injury firm will ensure that you will get your compensation for damage to your car, your injuries, loss of income, and any other losses that have occurred as a result of being in that accident.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- Cellino Law and more specifically my attorney, Gregory V. Pajak, Managing Attorney, and as a whole the Cellino Law Firm and its organization. This is by far one of the most professional law firms and attorney I have ever engaged with and retained in my 35 years. The level of professionalism goes beyond words, the care and constant engagement with me as the client was touching. I was never ever just treated as simply a CASE with potentially a significant dollar number attached to my file. I was engaged regularly, Tracey (Ass’t) and Greg always made sure to remain constant, as well as consistent in overseeing that my case was handled properly and that it did matter in many ways - ensuring that the end result(s) would be fair and reasonable to my case/injury. The regular follow-up calls were very satisfying, knowing that you’re involved in your case matters significantly AND always. One of my main items to recognize Cellino Law and Gregory is that whenever I called, I was able to get through to speak directly to my Lawyer and he would answer any if not all of my questions in a very professional and genuinely caring manner. I always felt cared for and protected legally and more importantly, I was made feel as a human being that was being cared for and always keeping me abreast of all matters connected to the case. There was never a point I felt let down, on the contrary -the level of service was “STELLAR”. Greg is the consummate professional, a ‘role model’, if you will, for what other attorneys should strive to become when dealing with their clients.
- I really just wanted to say thank you so much for taking my case, answering all my questions, and mostly for being very patient with me. I feel that without you and Roza I would not have been able to get anything at all. I hope to never need a lawyer again, but if I do I will definitely want you both working for me. Again thank your for you hard work, time and patience.
- Mark Kochanowicz is from far the best attorney you can have. Mark treats you like a friend more than a client. He truly cares and go the extra mile for you and your case, contacts you to update you in regards to your case and keep you informed at all times. Mark represented me twice and settled my cases for way more than I expected. I highly recommend Mark Kochanowicz because he is just the best on what he does!!! Thank you Mark!!!!
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.