In New York, the design of workers’ compensation system is to help employees recover from their work-related injuries or illnesses. That is why workers’ compensation can help you get back to your work, pay for the necessary medical treatment, and pay for your lost earnings.
It is not simple to navigate the complexity of workers’ compensation claims. And it takes time to understand the complicated process of workers’ compensation application. Hiring our Greece workers compensation lawyers can help you avoid making mistakes that can delay or reduce your payment.
Want to file a workers’ compensation claim in Greece, New York? At Cellino Law, we know what it takes to file a successful workers’ comp claim in Greece, New York. Our personal injury attorneys have several years of experience helping clients like you. So, contact us at (800) 555-5555 for a FREE consultation.
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt on the Job?
New York law requires every employer to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. That is why if you are hurt on your job, you might be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Report Your Injuries Immediately
You must let your employer know you are injured. Your employer will file a workers’ compensation claim with their insurer on your behalf. Ask for a copy of the workers’ compensation claim to ensure your employer filed a claim.
Consult a Doctor
See a doctor as soon as possible after your work-related injury. Your employer may require you to see a certain doctor if you are not seriously injured. You can see a doctor of your own choosing if you are not satisfied with the recommended doctor.
File an Accident Report
You have a deadline to report an accident. That is why you need to report anytime you get injured on your job. File an accident report even if you do not experience symptoms. It can take time to experience some of these symptoms.
Talk to Your Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Talk to your workers’ compensation lawyer before you file a workers’ compensation claim. Your lawyer will tell you the benefits you might receive by filing a claim.
Write Down What Happened
Write down the details of the accident. Keep the notes in a safe place. Write down the date of the accident and the names of potential witnesses. Do not forget to take pictures of your injuries, especially if they are visible.
File a Workers’ Compensation Claim
Call a workers’ compensation lawyer to help you fill a workers’ compensation claim.
Why Should I Hire a Greece Workers Compensation Lawyer?
A work-related injury can keep you out of your job for several days or even months. You might even lose your job because of your injuries, so you fail to pay all your bills. Do not face all these challenges alone. Hire a Greece workers’ compensation lawyer to help you get the money for your medical bills and other bills.
Negotiate with the Insurance Company
It is not easy to deal with an insurance company on your own. Luckily, workers’ compensation lawyers understand the law and they know the maneuvers that the insurance might try to pull. Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Strengthen Your Chances in Court
You might have to settle your workers’ compensation case in court. It is expensive, difficult, and time-consuming to represent yourself before a judge. Hire a lawyer to represent you in court. Having a good lawyer strengthens your chances in court.
Know and Understand the Law
It takes time to understand workers’ compensation law. The insurance company of your employer knows you are not familiar with workers’ compensation law. That is why they can delay or deny your claim. A workers’ compensation lawyer knows and understands the law, so your lawyer will properly fight for you.
Secure a Fair Settlement
Insurance companies are always looking for ways to save money, so they can lowball you. It is not easy to get a fair settlement on your own. Workers’ compensation lawyers use their leverage, experience, and knowledge to help you secure a fair settlement.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Greece Workers Compensation Attorney?
Greece workers compensation lawyers take workers’ compensation cases on contingent fee arrangements. You do not pay the lawyer retainer or upfront fees to file your workers’ compensation claim. Your lawyer will get paid if they secure money for you. You do not owe the lawyer any money if they fail to secure money for you.
What Should I Do if My Workers Compensation Claim is Denied?
It is easy to get confused and frustrated if you are denied workers’ compensation. You might not even know what to do next. Fortunately, you have the right to appeal a workers’ compensation denial in New York. Hire a workers’ compensation attorney to appeal your workers’ compensation denial.
You are allowed to appeal workers’ compensation denial. Your lawyer will send a formal written request to the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. You have 30 days to appeal your workers’ compensation denial.
Can I Be Fired for Filing a Workers Comp Claim?
The workers’ compensation covers all employees in Greece, New York. It provides benefits to all employees who suffer from work-related diseases or get injured at work. However, many employees do not file workers’ compensation claims. Why? They are afraid of losing their jobs.
Employers do not penalize employees who attempt to claim workers’ compensation benefits or those who file for workers’ compensation. In fact, the anti-retaliation law protects employees from terminations and other retaliatory actions, such as harassment, discrimination, and demotion or pay decreases. Therefore, your employer will not fire you for claiming a workers’ compensation claim.
Is there a Time Limit to File a Workers Comp Claim in Greece, New York?
You must meet certain deadlines to claim benefits under New York’s workers’ compensation laws. The deadlines are known as statutes of limitations. Missing the statutes of limitations puts your potential claim at risk. That is why you must report your work-related injuries immediately after your accident.
According to New York Law, you must report work-related injuries within 30 days of the accident. If the injury causes other damage, you have up to two years to file a workers’ compensation claim. If you suffer from work-related injury or illness, you have up to two years to file a workers’ compensation claim. You have up to three months to report occupational hearing loss, and up to 90 days to file a claim.
Can an Independent Contractor File a Workers Comp Claim?
In New York State, businesses can ask independent contractors to fill out a Worker’s Compensation Exemption form to protect themselves from workers’ compensation audits. Independent contractors with no workers can only fill out this form because New York State law does not require these contractors to carry their own Workers’ Compensation insurance.
A business can be held responsible for injuries of their independent contractors if the independent contractors do not have coverage. That is why independent contractors can file a worker’s compensation claim if they do have Workers’ Compensation of their own and/or if they did not fill out the Worker’s Compensation Exemption form.
Review Your Injury With Our Greece Workers Compensation Lawyers
In New York, you are entitled to three important benefits, which will compensate for your injuries, pay your bills, and help you get better. However, it is not simple to get these benefits from your employer’s insurance company on your own.
Hiring the best workers compensation lawyers in Greece, New York, increases the chance of getting all these benefits, reduces the stress of dealing with lawyers of the insurance company, and saves you lots of money in the long term.
Call (800) 555-5555 to speak with one of our experienced and knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys. We are ready to hear your story. And we will work hard to help you get a settlement that you rightfully deserve.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Tim Cellino handled my case beautifully. He is very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He kept in touch with me through out my ordeal. Tim also got a settlement for more than I expected. I highly recommend Tim Cellino!
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.
- Cellino Law was a great company to work with. From the beginning they came out and met with my uncle and myself and assured us that everything would be taken care of from beginning to end our lawyer state and constant contact with us to make sure that everything would go smoothly and it did. I would definitely recommend anybody to go to Cellino Law for whatever help they need. And specifically please ask for the lawyer that we had Mr. Alan Silverstein. He was amazing and his staff was always attentive. Please go with them for your next law needs.
- Thank you for all your help. It has been a long journey. At last, the light at the end of the tunnel. Also, thank Tom for the help and work he put in.
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry