When a New York car accident occurs, it is not always immediately clear who is at fault. The parties involved may not recall the exact details of the events leading up to the accident, and there may be stories that disagree as to what happened. In spite of the challenges ahead, an attorney familiar with accident reconstruction can help investigate the collision and build a solid case on your behalf.
Cellino Law’s legal team has over 60 years of experience in handling car accident claims. Through the decades, we have helped our clients recover over $2 billion in damages, and we can do the same for you.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you need a skilled accident reconstruction lawyer on your side. Call us at 800-555-5555 or fill out the online form to schedule a free review of your case.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Accident reconstruction is the scientific process of recreating an accident scene to determine why and how it occurred. Accident reconstructionists are commonly hired by personal injury lawyers to help determine liability in car accident cases.
Accident reconstructionists will utilize their knowledge of physics, mathematics, engineering, and computer simulation and modeling programs to answer questions as vital as:
- How fast was the vehicle traveling at impact?
- What angles were the vehicles at when they collided?
- Were there any visible signs or warnings of the oncoming vehicle?
- Did the driver brake or swerve before impact?
What Information is Used to Reconstruct a New York Car Accident?
An accident reconstructionist may investigate the following when recreating an accident scene:
- Photographs that were taken at the scene of the accident
- Dashcam or other video footage of the car accident
- Audio from the 911 call placed after the crash
- Tire marks, vehicle damage, and other physical evidence
- Eyewitness testimony from all drivers and passengers involved, as well as any third parties that were at the scene
- Police reports
- Information from the vehicle’s “black box”, sometimes called an event data recorder
- Road signs, traffic signals, weather conditions, or anything else that could have affected the driver’s visibility
How Does a New York Accident Reconstructionist Analyze and Interpret Data?
After gathering all of the needed evidence, an accident reconstructionist will create various scenarios of how the motor vehicle accident might have occurred. He or she can do this by creating models, recreating the accident, and utilizing software simulations.
An accident reconstructionist’s analysis may include:
- Summary of points of impact, the speed of the vehicles, and the vehicle’s movements
- Determination of any actions the drivers could have taken to avoid or lessen the severity of the collision
- Evaluation of medical records to show if the victim’s injuries are consistent with the collected evidence
- Determination of what errors the driver made to cause the accident
Written reports, charts, diagrams, or a 3-D presentation may be used when demonstrating the reconstruction of the car accident.
How Can a New York Accident Reconstruction Attorney Help Your Case?
It is not always easy to recover financial compensation after being injured in a car accident. Insurance companies may deny a claim and even try to place the blame on you. Most insurance companies have extensive resources including their own team of accident reconstructionists. The insurer is not on your side. Rather, their goal is to reduce payouts and dispute liability for car accidents.
If you were injured in a car accident and liability is being disputed, you need to work with an accident reconstruction attorney who can offer you solid legal advice and provide compelling expert testimony.
Accident reconstructionists can help the judge and jurors visualize the accident scene and how events unfolded. This evidence can provide proof and put aside any doubts about who was responsible for the collision.
The testimony of an accident reconstructionist can also help clarify conflicting eyewitness statements. For example, another driver and a pedestrian may both witness a car accident but with different angles and lines of sight, each seeing things completely differently. Accident reconstructionists can demonstrate the reason for the inconsistencies between the witnesses’ statements.
Does Every Car Accident Case Need an Accident Reconstructionist?
Every New York motor vehicle accident case is unique. In some situations, liability is clear and undisputed. Other collisions are complex, with multiple parties being involved, and the testimony of an accident reconstruction expert is needed to support a victim’s claim to compensation.
Cellino Law’s personal injury lawyers can help you determine whether hiring an accident reconstructionist is necessary and beneficial to your case.
What Compensation is Recoverable After a Car Accident?
If you were injured in a car accident, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you recover the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Loss of future earning potential
- Temporary and permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Wrongful death
Who Pays for Accident Reconstructionist Services?
If your personal injury lawyer recommends hiring an accident reconstruction expert, you may be concerned about the costs. At Cellino Law, we take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we cover any upfront costs related to your case.
Any fees incurred are later deducted from your recovery amount. However, we understand that the settlement money you are awarded impacts your quality of life. For this reason, our legal team is careful to balance the money spent on building your case with a strategy to maximize your settlement.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney With Cellino Law Today
Utilizing an accident reconstruction expert is important in cases involving serious injuries, where fault can’t be easily determined. Cellino Law maintains a solid relationship with a network of qualified analysts in case accident reconstruction is necessary to validate your claim and determine fault.
If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident, our legal team is here to help. The lawyers at our law firm have extensive experience and resources. We will handle all aspects of your personal injury case, including:
- Gathering evidence
- Enlisting the help of qualified experts, and;
- Pursuing maximum compensation for your losses
Call us at 800-555-5555 to schedule a free consultation at a time and location convenient to you.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- My wife and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a fantastic job as our attorney. We could not have been more pleased with the work you and your team has done on this case. This past four years or so has been such a roller coaster for our family. We are very pleased and grateful with the result. We have made a good choice by choosing you. Thank you.
- I really appreciated your determination and efforts on handling my case. You have done an outstanding job, and I am very satisfied with the outcome of the settlement. Thank you so so much John.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- Thank you for your help in settling the case of my father's accident. I could always count on you to answer my questions honestly and in terms I could understand. If all lawyers at Cellino Law are like you, I understand why they are an A-1 law firm.