Falls are one of the leading causes of serious injuries or even death throughout the United States and Greece, New York is not an exception. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is highly likely that you are dealing with a painful injury that’s expensive in many different ways.
Fortunately, the Greece slip and fall lawyers at Cellino Law can help you pursue the compensation you deserve to cater for various costs associated with the injury. Contact us via (888) 888-8888 or using the online form provided for your free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents injure hundreds if not thousands of residents of Greece and New York at large every year. What causes these accidents to occur? In most cases, one or more of the factors below is to blame:
- Raised flooring
- Poorly lit walkways
- Obstructed pathways
- Wet floors
- Crumbling stairs
- Unsafe ladders
- Loose electrical cords
- Slippery or uneven surfaces
How Can a Greece, New York Slip and Fall Attorney Help with My Case?
If you fall on someone else’s property in Greece, New York, you may be able to hold the property owner responsible for the injuries you sustain. Hiring the experienced lawyers at Cellino Law to handle your case will make all the difference.
We will do the following to help with your case:
- Stand up to insurance providers on your behalf and ensure that your claim is taken seriously
- Investigate the fall to determine the cause and responsible party or parties
- Seek compensation from the at-fault party or parties
What Steps Can Be Taken to Help a Slip and Fall Case?
If you slip and fall in a public place, you can be your best advocate by doing the following to strengthen your case:
Take all the photos you can at the time that show what caused the fall, such as cracked flooring, spilled liquids, as well as those showing your injuries.
Report the incident to a manager. Just like you should document your injuries, you also need to prove that you had a slip and fall. Making an incident report is the best way to do that.
Takedown the names and numbers of witnesses who will be critical to showing how the accident occurred and may have pictures that may prove helpful if you were too injured to take them.
If you need medical attention, get it immediately since it will show the link between the accident and your injuries, which you will be required to do if you file a compensation claim.
If possible, see whether the problem can be addressed immediately.
How Can a Slip and Fall Accident be Proved?
To obtain compensation in your Greece, New York slip and fall accident, you will need to prove that:
- A hazardous condition existed on the property.
- The property owner knew of the hazardous condition or should have reasonably been aware of it before the fall.
- The property owner had enough time to remedy the defect before your accident but failed to do so.
- The property owner failed to fix the hazardous condition thus leading to your accident.
The experienced legal team at Cellino Law can help you prove all these elements and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How Is Liability Determined in a Greece, New York Slip and Fall Case?
New York has a “pure comparative negligence rule”, which regulates the amount of compensation victims can recover from the property owner of the premises where they fell, based on the victim’s negligence at the time of the accident.
Property owners often defend slip and fall lawsuits filed against them by claiming that the victim was at the very least partly responsible for their injuries. This cuts down on the amount they will owe victims or perhaps even excuse them from all charges completely.
So, you shouldn’t be surprised if you are asked the following questions during the process of filing your claim:
- Did you have good reason to be on the premises at the time of the accident?
- Would a reasonable person in the same situation have noticed and avoided the dangerous condition?
- Did the property owner give a warning of the hazardous condition that resulted in your slip and fall?
- Were you engaging in activities that might have contributed to your slip and fall?
You might not know how to properly defend yourself under the comparative negligence rule or even know how to answer these and other questions, which is why you need the attorneys at Cellino Law representing you.
How Much is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
The worth of your slip and fall case will be based on the monetary damages and an additional amount that’s based on injury severity to account for your pain and suffering. The best way to know how much your slip and fall case is worth is to speak to our team of experienced lawyers at Cellino Law.
What Are the Time Limits for Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
In New York, the statute of limitations for premises liability and personal injury claims is 3 years. That means that if you or a loved one suffers a slip and fall injury in Greece, New York, you will have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party before the third anniversary of the accident. If you don’t file the lawsuit within this period, you risk losing your right to do it and get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Greece Slip and Fall Lawyers
If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Greece, New York, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the legal team at Cellino Law. Our attorneys can help you with the considerations discussed here and many others involved in filing this type of lawsuit in New York.
Your main focus following your slip and fall accident should be on your recovery. So, allow us to handle the legal claim while you recover. Contact us today via (888) 888-8888 or using the online form provided to get started with your free, no-obligation case evaluation with a seasoned Cellino Law lawyer.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry
- It was a great pleasure working with you on my lawsuit. You certainly gave 150% of your time and interest in settling my case and for that, I am extremely grateful. Therefore, I want to thank you very much for helping me win my settlement and wish you the very best.
- My wife and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a fantastic job as our attorney. We could not have been more pleased with the work you and your team has done on this case. This past four years or so has been such a roller coaster for our family. We are very pleased and grateful with the result. We have made a good choice by choosing you. Thank you.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- My experience during the time of negotiations was extremely positive. Josh Sandberg handled my lawsuit with the utmost integrity. He returned all my phone calls in a timely manner and answered all my questions. Josh made things less stressful. I would highly recommend Josh and the entire staff at Cellino Law.
- Choosing the right attorney to represent you after an accident can make all the difference. This is no cliche. I recently experienced these words to live by first hand. After a tractor trailer rear ended me at high speed in 2017 I retained Allan Silverstein to handle my case. I quickly realized that bringing a lawsuit rapidly snowballs into a mountain of details that can make or break your results. Documents, case histories, doctor visits, bills, and lots of phone calls all need to be accurately kept track of if a successful outcome it to be attained. To complicate matters I reside in New York and the incident took place in New Jersey. Luckily, Allan was licensed in multiple states. I was fortunate to find Allan to handle this matter from the New York area. Armed with an accurate account of the facts Allan went to work on the difficult job of negotiating with the defending insurance company as well as my no fault carrier in order to obtain the best possible outcome for my set of circumstances. In a lawsuit communication is key and and events can be of a timely nature. Allan never failed to return my calls - usually the same day! He fought skillfully and respectfully to get me the best possible settlement. He is easy to deal with and a likeable down to earth guy. He always listened with compassion and respect to my issues. He guided me with objective understanding as well as a realistic analysis of the merits of my case. When we finally settled Allan got me a fair agreement beyond my expectations and negotiated with my doctors to make sure all my bills were paid. It was a great experience having Allan represent me. Quality work in any aspect of life is hard to find. Quality is what I got with Allan Silverstein. I highly recommend him if you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney.