It’s crucial to have the representation of a qualified attorney if you’ve been involved in a car accident. Working with the right Flushing car accident lawyer can ensure that you’re properly compensated for damages related to the accident. There’s a lot that could go wrong in the aftermath of a car accident. Insurance companies could dispute your claim or refuse to cover the cost of car repairs or medical bills. You may lose wages because of the accident, which is something you deserve to be compensated for.
When you work with Cellino Law, you’ll have the support of experienced Flushing personal injury attorneys. We provide free consultations to any interested clients, whether the accident is serious or less severe. During this meeting, you’ll have the chance to ask questions, and we’ll provide an in-depth evaluation of your case.
We have extensive experience, allowing us to ensure that car accident victims have their rights protected. You can count on us to build a strong case for you. We’ll provide you support throughout your case and will fight to win you the compensation that you deserve. We’re extremely familiar with New York state personal injury law, and we will put our expertise to work for you. We have a high success rate and have secured large settlements for many of our clients.
About Reporting Auto Accidents In New York State
The law states that drivers involved in a New York car accident should report that accident as quickly as possible. Fast reporting is crucial, particularly if there are serious injuries or death involved. The driver that caused the accident is responsible for filing a report. With that said, you should take matters into your own hands and report the accident yourself.
If an accident led to property damage, the driver at fault needs to file a report, even if the owner of the property is not at the scene of an accident. Keep in mind that it’s only necessary to file a report if the estimated cost of the damages is more than $1,000.
Drivers should submit both a written statement and a report within ten days of an accident. In some cases, injuries may keep a driver from filing a report within this time. The law doesn’t clearly state what should be done in this situation. Our legal team suggests that accident victims file a report as soon as they are able to.
Collecting Information After An Accident
In order to make a successful claim, you need evidence. That’s why it’s important to collect some information after an accident, such as:
- The contact information of all drivers involved, as well as their name, address, driver’s license number, and insurance information
- Information about all vehicles, including registration, make, model, and year
- Information about responding officers, such as precinct numbers, badge numbers, and names
- Where the accident took place
The Cost Of Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
Many of the people involved in car accidents are reluctant to hire a lawyer because of the potential costs. Being involved in a car accident can be expensive, and people often assume they can’t afford legal representation. If this is how you feel, you’ll be pleased to know that there are no upfront costs to our clients. You won’t have to pay any fees until after we’ve recovered compensation for you.
Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. After we win a settlement for our clients, we take a percentage of that settlement. You can rest easy knowing that we’ll fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve, and you won’t have to pay anything out of pocket. Before we take on a case, we look at its merits. We have extensive experience and can tell if a case is likely to be successful.
If You’ve Been In An Accident, What Can You Be Compensated For?
Loss is key when it comes to personal injury claims. This includes losses that are financial or losses that aren’t directly related to finances. The victims of accidents may also be able to seek punitive damages if the driver at fault showed misconduct or another type of negligent behavior.
Financial claims are designed to reimburse victims for costs or losses that are related to the accident, such as:
- Vehicle and property damage
- Losing income
- Medical costs include present and estimated expenses in the future
- Future income loss
It is only possible to award non-financial damages if a case involves serious injuries. This is specified under New York insurance laws. Examples of severe injuries are:
- Being physically disfigured
- Losing a pregnancy
- Fracturing a bone
- A system in the body no longer functioning properly
- Losing function in a part of the body
- Losing a limb
Sometimes, it may be possible to include punitive damages when filing a personal injury lawsuit. Punitive damages are designed to punish the driver at fault for negligent behavior or another type of misconduct. You can expect this to increase the total damages awarded to the victim.
The Statute of Limitations For New York Auto Accidents
When filing a claim, it is necessary to do so within a specified window of time. You can’t afford to wait to talk to a car accident lawyer about your accident near Flushing, NY. If you wait too long, you may not have the option of recovering damages.
New York law states that claims filed by victims seeking damages should be made within a week of the accident. Missing that deadline will make it harder to receive compensation in a timely manner. It can take a long time for a claim to be processed, which is why fast action is so important.
According to the statute of limitations, victims have up to three years to file a car accident claim. The exception to this is if the claim is being made against a government agency. In these situations, claims must be made within 90 days.
Reach Out To A Flushing Car Accident Lawyer At Cellino Law For A Free Consultation
As we’ve mentioned, you’ll want to act quickly if you want your claim to be successful. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate. Contact our Flushing personal injury firm so that we can discuss your case with you. If you’ve been in a Flushing car accident, we can help you recover damages for injuries, property damage, lost wages, and any other losses that are related to your accident in some way.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- We want to send a big "Thank you" from the both of us. We know you both fought for us and did a great job with our case. You did it in a timely manner and we appreciate it.
Kerrijo & Jerry
- Cellino Law and more specifically my attorney, Gregory V. Pajak, Managing Attorney, and as a whole the Cellino Law Firm and its organization. This is by far one of the most professional law firms and attorney I have ever engaged with and retained in my 35 years. The level of professionalism goes beyond words, the care and constant engagement with me as the client was touching. I was never ever just treated as simply a CASE with potentially a significant dollar number attached to my file. I was engaged regularly, Tracey (Ass’t) and Greg always made sure to remain constant, as well as consistent in overseeing that my case was handled properly and that it did matter in many ways - ensuring that the end result(s) would be fair and reasonable to my case/injury. The regular follow-up calls were very satisfying, knowing that you’re involved in your case matters significantly AND always. One of my main items to recognize Cellino Law and Gregory is that whenever I called, I was able to get through to speak directly to my Lawyer and he would answer any if not all of my questions in a very professional and genuinely caring manner. I always felt cared for and protected legally and more importantly, I was made feel as a human being that was being cared for and always keeping me abreast of all matters connected to the case. There was never a point I felt let down, on the contrary -the level of service was “STELLAR”. Greg is the consummate professional, a ‘role model’, if you will, for what other attorneys should strive to become when dealing with their clients.
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- This letter is to thank Ms. Diane D’Andrea, assistant to Mr. George Gridelli, Attny for all the hard work, dedication, and attentiveness she showed during the representation of my case. She was always cheerful and ready to help in whatever way she could. All messages left for Mr. Gridelli were always relayed and Mr. Gridelli always promptly returned our calls. She was a very competent assistant. Cellino Law has proven to be a model of what legal representation should be. Throughout the 6 ½ years of this case, I have heard many horror stories from people with “bad lawyer stories.” We consider ourselves to be very lucky to have chosen Cellino Law and will always recommend you to those looking for good, honest representation with a personal touch.
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.