When you are hurt in a car wreck, it’s important to have a Cheektowaga car accident lawyer at your side to pursue fair compensation for damages that you have incurred. It is very common for insurance carriers to not pay for the repairs of your car, or your medical expenses, so what will you do? What about compensation for the money that you are not going to be able to make or the injuries that you have sustained because of being in this accident?
Cellino Law will be there for you. We have a team of professional Cheektowaga personal injury attorneys that will offer you a free consultation that can lead to obtaining your compensation for the situation you are in. It doesn’t matter how large the accident was, or how minor it was, as we will give you good legal advice for any questions or queries that you may be wondering about.
Our team of lawyers is professionals that can mount an exceptional defense to help you get the compensation that you deserve and protect your rights. We will do everything that we can to get the maximum amount of compensation that you are due under the law. In fact, we have a great knowledge of the law and a success rate that clearly shows that we have the skills necessary to represent you as your personal injury lawyers in New York.
Reporting A Car Accident
According to state law, it is imperative and necessary for individuals in an accident in New York to report the incident, especially if a fatality or an injury was involved. The driver that caused the accident is required to report it first. However, they may not be the most reliable individual when it comes to reporting the accident.
If there was property damage, the at-fault driver needs to do an accident report, and this should be done whether the other driver is there. If damages exceed $1000, the report should be made, but otherwise, it is not necessary.
You have 10 days to file this report, along with a written statement, after the accident. If there is an injury, one that can prevent the driver from reporting the accident, there are no legal stipulations in place that can determine when that report should be made. Our experienced lawyers will be there to help you, and they will recommend that this report be made as soon as possible, or after the person has recovered sufficiently.
What Type Of Information Should You Obtain During And After The Car Accident?
There are many types of information that you should collect which will include:
- The name, contact information, driver’s license number, residential address, and the insurance information for every single driver that was involved in the accident that day.
- The registration, license number, make, model, and year of every vehicle that was involved in the accident that you were in
- The precinct, badge numbers, and the names of all of the police officers that had responded to the accident
- The location of the accident, being as specific as possible
What Will It Cost To Work With Car Accident Attorneys?
Cellino Law Firm understands that receiving legal representation for your personal injury case could be very difficult, especially if you have no money because of medical expenses, or other expenses related to the accident the legal advice that we will provide is always going to be at a no upfront cost which virtually makes it affordable for every single person. We do not ask for any fees until your compensation has been agreed upon for the personal injuries that you sustained at the accident.
We work on a contingency basis and our lawyers will cover their own costs until some type of settlement or compensation has been received. By working with this contingency free model, you will know that our lawyers are going to do their best to get compensation for your accident-related injuries. Our attorneys will evaluate every case that comes to us very carefully, determining the likelihood of whether or not it will be easy to successfully get your compensation.
What Type Of Compensation Will You Be Able To Receive After The Car Accident?
You should know that personal injury compensation claims revolve around someone experiencing a loss. This loss could be financial or non-economic. Pursuing punitive damages is also something that can be done and is available to victims that were part of the car accident where the at-fault driver was negligent or performed some type of misconduct.
Economic and financial claims for monetary reimbursement related to losses and expenses for the auto accident may include:
- Medical expenses which are current, as well as future medical expenses, related to the accident
- The loss of income now because of your injuries
- Damage to your vehicle or other types of property
- Current and future income loss caused by your inability to sustain a living wage because of your accident-related injuries
These non-economic losses can also be awarded courtesy of State Insurance Law section 5102 when they are extremely serious. The severity of the injuries will include:
- The loss of a bodily system or organ functionality
- Bone fractures
- The loss of a limb
- Severe limitations to the functionality of your bodily system or bodily organs
- The loss of a baby in utero or while the baby was in the womb
- A physical disfigurement
Suing for punitive damages as part of the lawsuit is also possible. There are damages that will be noneconomic or economic that are related to the at-fault driver’s misconduct or negligence. When you receive this type of compensation, it is typically a calculation based upon the multiplication of the compensation that will be received.
Car Accidents In New York And The Statute Of Limitations
when filing claims for compensation related to car accident damages, you will need to file this paperwork by a certain date. It is absolutely essential that you contact a lawyer in Cheektowaga that can help you conform to this necessity.
Claims for damages in Cheektowaga, New York, against the defendant must be filed within seven days of the car accident’s actual date. The statute of limitations, and meeting this deadline, play a large role in how much compensation you will receive.
Claims resulting from car accidents, according to the statute of limitations, must be filed within three years by the victim from the day that the accident occurred. If this claim is filed instead against a government agency, the plaintiff or victim has 90 days to file this paperwork.
Contact A Cheektowaga Car Accident Lawyer At Cellino Law To Find Out About Our Free Consultations!
It is so important to file your claim for compensation as soon as possible and getting started is easy. Cellino Law is here to help you, specifically to help you get compensation for injuries that occurred because of a car accident which may include loss of income, injuries, and damage to your vehicle. Call our personal injury firm in Cheektowaga today at (800) 555-5555.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- My wife and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a fantastic job as our attorney. We could not have been more pleased with the work you and your team has done on this case. This past four years or so has been such a roller coaster for our family. We are very pleased and grateful with the result. We have made a good choice by choosing you. Thank you.
- I am writing this letter to say how much I appreciate your services pertaining to my case. Your injury attorney took a hands-on approach and left me fully informed at all times as to where my case was going as well as how much ground we had to cover; leaving the final decisions in my hands but making sure that I knew all of the risks involved in the choices. I have dealt with a few law firms in my life on various different cases and this is the first time that I never had to call and/or track down my lawyer… because of this, I have and will continue to recommend Cellino Law to my friends and associates.
- Thank you for your time, effort, and hard work on my case. I appreciate your expertise and compassion. I never experienced what I went through and I would have been completely lost without you.
- I am so grateful for your expertise, patience, and perseverance which resulted with such a successful settlement regarding my car accident. I also want to let you know how impressed I was with you and your firm and I won't hesitate to recommend you to anyone who needs assistance from an accident. I truly appreciated your care and professionalism. Thank you again for your kindness and support
- Cellino Law is an amazing firm with a great team. I worked with Greg Pajak and his assistant, Tracey Falconer. I cannot express enough how dedicated they are. The personal attention I received was excellent; they were always available to help with questions and concerns and put me at ease in the unknown territory I found myself in. I highly recommend them to anyone needing representation. A huge thank you to them for all they accomplished for me!