If you have been injured on the job, you are legally entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Injured employees are entitled to a variety of compensation under the workers’ compensation laws of New York. As far as the particular benefits are concerned, it will depend on the nature as well as the extent of the injuries suffered.
Here at Cellino Law, our Clarkstown workers compensation lawyers regularly come across cases where employees are not fully aware of their rights and the benefits they deserve under New York’s laws. We are here to fight for your rights and help you recover the benefits you deserve. Give us a call today at (800) 555-5555 to schedule a completely free consultation.
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt on the Job?
It would be a mistake on your part to assume that you will automatically get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. A proper process needs to be followed in order to make sure that you are able to get the compensation that you are legally entitled to. Here is what you should do when you are hurt at your job:
Notify Your Employer
You should notify your employer of the injury as early as possible. It is also important to keep your employer informed of the treatment you are seeking and you should always share any new information you get from your doctor with your employer. Keep in mind that if you do not notify your employer, your workers’ compensation claim might be denied.
Seek Medical Treatment
You should seek the required medical treatment as quickly as possible after suffering an injury at work. It is also important to follow the instructions of the doctor.
You should document everything. Start building a written record of your injuries as well as the symptoms along with the instructions provided by the doctor. Keep adding to the written records as and when you get any new information. It is important to document everything in case your claim is denied as it will go a long way in proving your case and getting the compensation you deserve.
Part of the documentation process is to take photos of your injuries in case the injury is visible. Keep taking photos at regular intervals to document whether your injury is healing or getting worse.
Contact an Attorney
You need to follow the proper procedure in order to ensure that your workers’ compensation claim isn’t denied. This is why you should get in touch with an experienced workers compensation attorney at Cellino Law to protect your rights and to make sure that you get the desired benefits. Here at Cellino Law, our experienced team of attorneys will help you learn more about your legal rights and options. We will make sure that you meet all the deadlines and submit the required documents for a successful outcome.
Rest and Recuperate
It is important to take as much rest as instructed by your doctor. Go back to your job only when you have completely recuperated from the injury.
Why Should I Hire a Clarkstown Workers Compensation Lawyer?
First and foremost, you should know that law doesn’t require you to have an attorney represent you. However, without an attorney, you will be negotiating directly with the insurance company lawyer as well as the workers’ compensation law judge.
Most probably, you don’t understand how the system works and you might end up signing something or agreeing to something or settling a case without knowing all your legal options and rights. Keep in mind that your weekly payments might be reduced by the insurance claim adjuster at any time unless the decision is given by a workers compensation law judge.
An experienced workers compensation attorney from Cellino Law will fight on your behalf to help you get the benefits you deserve. Keep in mind that bona fide claims are routinely rejected by workers’ compensation insurers as well as employers as they bet on the fact that the employee won’t appeal and many don’t. A lawyer will also make sure that you get the best settlement possible.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Clarkstown Workers Compensation Attorney?
Here at Cellino Law, we work on a contingency fee basis. You do not need to pay us anything. Call us today at (800) 555-5555 to know more about your legal options.
What Should I Do If My Workers Compensation Claim Is Denied?
As mentioned earlier, even bona fide workers’ compensation claims are routinely denied by insurance companies and employers. However, you do not need to worry as you have a legal right to file an appeal. Get in touch with Cellino Law to know more about your legal options in case your workers’ compensation claim is denied.
Can I Be Fired for Claiming a Workers Compensation Claim?
If your employer retaliates against you in any manner for filing a workers compensation claim, you should immediately get in touch with a workers compensation attorney at Cellino Law in order to protect your legal rights. You cannot be discriminated against such as firing you, reducing your pay, demoting you, or in any other manner just for filing a workers compensation claim.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Workers Compensation Claim in Clarkstown?
You need to file a workers’ compensation claim within two years from the date of injury. Call Cellino Law at (800) 555-5555 to know more about the statute of limitations and other deadlines you need to meet.
Can an Independent Contractor Fight a Workers Compensation Claim?
An independent contractor does not have the legal right to file a workers’ compensation claim. The law does not require employers have insurance for independent contractors.
Review Your Workers Compensation Claim With Cellino Law
Here at Cellino Law, we have represented and helped thousands of employees get fair workers’ compensation benefits. We will make sure that you meet all the required deadlines and file all the necessary forms in order to get the benefits you deserve. We will work with the best experts in order to gather the necessary evidence required for supporting your case and we will also negotiate with the insurance company to make sure that you get the best possible compensation. We will also represent you at the trial in case the insurance company does not offer an agreeable settlement offer. We work on a contingency fee basis and you do not need to pay us anything.
You should know that insurance companies will do everything in their power to deny your claim. They are not on your side. Claims are routinely rejected by workers’ insurance compensation insurance companies. They have seasoned lawyers on their side and this is why you need an experienced personal injury attorney at Cellino Law to protect your legal rights and to get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. Call us at (800) 555-5555 to know more about your legal rights and to schedule a completely free consultation.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- Now that reality has set in, I want to thank you for all your work and assistance in obtaining my settlement for the pelvic mesh. This money will make my life so much easier in the future. Medicare just isn't sufficient. I know that I will have enough to live on. I truly appreciate of your efforts. Thank you!
- I just want to let you know that I did receive my settlement check. More importantly, I want to thank you again for all you did for both me and my family. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Cellino Law. From the moment I first spoke with you I felt comfortable - you took a sincere interest in my case, clearly explained the process and effected a quick settlement. From this day forward, when someone asks if I can recommend a good lawyer I will, without hesitation, say "Cellino Law". Thanks again.
- Tim Cellino handled my case beautifully. He is very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He kept in touch with me through out my ordeal. Tim also got a settlement for more than I expected. I highly recommend Tim Cellino!
- I can only say great things about my attorney Allan Silverstein. He is professional, he calls back right away, he keeps me informed, and makes me feel comfortable as this entire ordeal is stressful. I have total confidence in his ability to handle whatever comes his way. He is no nonsense and very good at his job. Thank you Allan... he is a true asset to the team!
- This is to express our gratitude to you and your team in helping us and Stephanie navigate through the legal process following her car accident. We are very satisfied with the outcome and grateful for your hard work and attention to details. We fell confident that with this compensation, Stephanie will be able to move forward with her studies and her life with the ability to care for some of her health needs resulting from the injuries sustained following her car accident. Thank you very much and may God continue to bless your efforts.
Jose & Rose
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe