Pfizer Inc. has said that it will be recalling some lots of a high blood pressure drug and two authorized generic versions due to the presence of elevated levels of a potential cancer-causing impurity, nitrosamine.
The pharmaceutical giant will be pulling six lots of Accuretic tablets, one lot of quinapril and hydrochlorothiazide, and four lots of quinapril HCI/hydrochlorothiazide tablets due to the presence of nitrosamine.
Pfizer said that it has not received any adverse events related to this recall.
The company noted that everyone is exposed to nitrosamines, but exposure above acceptable levels over prolonged periods of time can increase the risk of cancer. Nitrosamines are common in water and foods; including grilled meats, dairy products and vegetables.
Patients that are currently taking any of the recalled products should consult with their doctor about alternative treatment options.
WE CAN HELP
CALL US NOWFree Case Review
FREE CASE REVIEW
- We'd like to thank you for all the assistance and time you spent on our case. Your professionalism and honesty will always be appreciated. The staff was always courteous and we were always impressed with your accountability. Your passion and dedication will never be forgotten, nor will you.
- I highly recommend Cellino Law to anyone involved in a car crash. I worked with Michael Lovecchio, and had a wonderful experience given the circumstances. He was very attentive, and got the best possible outcome I could have wanted.
- Thank you for all your help. It has been a long journey. At last, the light at the end of the tunnel. Also, thank Tom for the help and work he put in.
- Tim Cellino handled my case beautifully. He is very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He kept in touch with me through out my ordeal. Tim also got a settlement for more than I expected. I highly recommend Tim Cellino!
- I want to thank your law firm for settling my lawsuit where others failed. You treated me with the utmost respect and care, because of your law firm the dream of owning my own home finally came true. For the first time in a long time, we're living out our dream home. Thank you a million times over. Thank you for making my dream come true.
- Joe and I just wanted to send you this note thanking you for the professional way you handled our lawsuit. Your kindness was extremely appreciated in a very difficult time. When we found out the people that caused the accident had no insurance, we thought our chances of receiving any settlement was nonexistent. Once we met with you and released you were able to help us our minds were put at ease. Your aggressive manner of handling the case exceeded our expectations. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thank you so much and best wishes,
Danielle and Joe